Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Will these tires fit my Taco?

Old 11-30-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
Leonnn is on a distinguished road
Name: Leon
Leonnn's Tacoma Gallery
Will these tires fit my Taco?

I will soon have a 2007 Toyota Tacoma Black 4x4 V6 SR5 (16th birthday gift)

After that I will have $5,540 spending money I saved up working very hard and consistently for getting it lifted and everything. I love offroading and that is why I'm going to spend most of my $$$ for Icon coil-over setups and Camburg UCA's. I'm going to get either a 2.5" or 3" lift (with the adjustable coil-overs). This is the tire/wheel setup I'm going to be thinking of:

Setup Specifics
- [Icon] Extended Travel Coil-overs
- [Icon] Rear 2.0" Remote Reservoir Shocks
- [Icon] Camburg Upper Control Arms 1.25" Uniballs
- Rear Add-A-Leaf (to level front/back horizontally)

Tires :
~ Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ Radial
- LT305/65/17 (33x12.50R17)

Wheels :
~ XD Revolver Black
- 17x9
- Offset : -12mm
- Bolt : 6 x 5.50
- Backside : 4.53

Here is a picture of it right now (from dealership) :
I'm going to remove that stripe that runs from the top all around the body. Full fledge Black!

Some minor Questions :
1. Would trimming the fender (or anything) be required? I don't want to trim unless I HAVE to, and that is minor trimming that I would do.
2. What is your opinion on what you think it will look like? I want it to look very nice and clean (but also offroadable)
3. Did I give enough information for you to make a educated assumption or do I have to provide more pictures and details?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
should look good, you will have to do minor plastic trimming but not a big deal. it should look good and be capable off road. you like icon i see.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
yep sounds about right, idk usually guys around here run 285/70/17 which are a inch or so narrower then your tire choice so if your real big into offroading you may need to do some kind of body mount cut to make your tires not rub at full flex but it probably will not be necesscary
Old 11-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
that wheel you have there needs to be in my opion a 4.5 backspace not a 5.47, with that tire size and backspace you might have problems, why do you want 305, 285 is all most the same size and you can save some money
Old 11-30-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
Leonnn's Tacoma Gallery
REEDIT !

I actually found out the rim I wanted up there is backspace is 4.53. Sorry guys! So will it fit?
Old 12-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #6
yes
Old 12-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
Leonnn's Tacoma Gallery
Alright. That works just fine. Opinions on the looks? Is it going to look big and aggressive?