Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Those running Procomp 6" lifts ,I got?`S!

Old 12-01-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light

Navy: DAV
Name: michael
07speedwayblue's Tacoma Gallery
Those running Procomp 6" lifts ,I got?`S!

Okay first off I did do a search many differant was, and I found some info, but now I`m at the point were I must decide between the 3" lift and 6" lift. I have all the info on the 3" lift I need , but I need some 6" input. So if you are running the procomp 6" lift could you let me know how happy with it you are? Also could you tell me if your running stage 1 or stage 2 ? Also input on which system is better? Also if you could post up a picture and tire specs that you are running? Also if you could tell me if your running stock gears? Thanks a MILLION!!!!!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:53 AM   #2
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Most guys on here are still running stock gears. There pushing 35's with either 17 or 18 inch rims. Minor rubbing/minor trimming is usually needed with any lift. The main difference with the stage 1 and stage 2 is a strut spacer. The stage 2 kit would be a better overall ride and it would also be a more complete kit. Going with the stage 1 you have a 6 inch spacer up front instead of a longer coilover. It will make the ride a bit rougher but you could always upgrade your shocks. With any lift you want to do it right the first time. So keep that in mind if your saving up for the lift.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I thought she put an ax to the 6" lift? I did a lot of research on here about the lift. There will be a lot of people who will chime in. They say if you run 35's you should regear, but a lot dont. I think 6" with 33's looks great, and you dont have to do a lot of trimming, if any. If you are gonna do the 6" go with the stage 2. Do it right the first time IMO.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #4
07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light07speedwayblue is a glorious beacon of light

Cool! I don`t want to run a tire any bigger than a 33"-33.5". She talked to my friend Dave who has an offroad business, he lifted my superduty, after talking to him she decided to let me pick the height. she likes the looks of the 6" lift, she was mostly concerned about safty and wear and tear. My friend Dave who owns Diabloffroad gave her alot of good info!! He does it right and safe!! http://diabloffroad.com/ I`m wanting to start out with the stage one lift to start, then save up some more $ and get the Icon 6"-7" coilovers upfront and then beef up the rearend with some nice springs and a custom made traction bar setup. Post up some pictures so my wife can see what 6" and 33" or 35" tires looks like on truck!!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #6

I have seen the info on that link. I was looking for so more pictures and info on setups. Thanks for the link ! I mainly wanting the info so my wife can see. She has looked at that link info also. It would be helpful to her if she could tell right off what size wheel/tire combo the 6" lifted truck had on it. Thanks keep the info /input coming!!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHarry View Post
Here are a ton of pics of 6'' lifts: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-pictures.html
JeeZZ!!! If you werent a Tacoma fan then? You will be now after looking at all those pics!!!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:58 PM   #8
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07speedwayblue View Post
I have seen the info on that link. I was looking for so more pictures and info on setups. Thanks for the link ! I mainly wanting the info so my wife can see. She has looked at that link info also. It would be helpful to her if she could tell right off what size wheel/tire combo the 6" lifted truck had on it. Thanks keep the info /input coming!!
No problem... I know what you're saying...

This page has some good info on it too, from that thread: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ictures-6.html
Old 12-01-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
08porkchop is on a distinguished road
08porkchop's Tacoma Gallery
definetly do it right the first time. im running the 3" revtek kit now with 32's and plan to move up to 33's and run the 6" procomp kit.. they look the best with 33's, clean, no rubbin issues. i plan to run the stage 1 kit with the 5100 bilstens to give me about 7"s in the front and 4-5" out back.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:47 PM   #13
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
Most people here have been using the standard coilovers that come with the kits. Find some pictures in the thread of 6 inch lifts and i can give you the specs on there lift, tires, rim size, etc.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:12 PM   #14
garzanium is a glorious beacon of lightgarzanium is a glorious beacon of lightgarzanium is a glorious beacon of lightgarzanium is a glorious beacon of lightgarzanium is a glorious beacon of lightgarzanium is a glorious beacon of light

garzanium's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07speedwayblue View Post
Bump!!! No one has any pictures? Specs?
Check out cardomain, thats where the pics on the link above are from.Most user have specs listed. I have found all the info I was looking for there and on this site, just takes a little searching.
Old 12-03-2009, 02:17 PM   #15
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Here are a ton of pics of 6'' lifts: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-pictures.html
Because of this I am now saving up for a 6 inch lift!
Old 12-03-2009, 02:29 PM   #16
THE RED DRAGON!!
TexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexasIslandBoy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
TexasIslandBoy's Tacoma Gallery
im saving up for the icon coilovers for the front of my procomp lift
Old 12-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by garzanium View Post
Check out cardomain, thats where the pics on the link above are from.Most user have specs listed. I have found all the info I was looking for there and on this site, just takes a little searching.
Thanks for the headsup on the cardomain site, Lots of 6" lifted tacoma`s with specs! Thanks a MILLION!!!!!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:59 AM   #18
[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gal
HK702 will become famous soon enoughHK702 will become famous soon enough

Name: Jer
HK702's Tacoma Gallery
i have stage 1 , saved up for coil overs and will have them on soon with my nerfs . check before and after pics coming soon...