LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Will this set up work? (Billies + OME 885)

Old 12-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #1
Wanna know how I got these scars?
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
BigBawlzTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Will this set up work? (Billies + OME 885)

I was wondering if I could set the billies to the highest setting and put the 885 coil on that.
I want the lift and I need the strength to hold up an All Pro front bumper.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:17 PM   #3
BigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigBawlzTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
You shouldnt do that. Get the 886 coils instead.

Will that be able to give me 2.5 inches of lift?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Not recommended- The preload + the lift coils is a LOT of extra pressure. You ride would most likely be complete shit.

I'm a huge advocate of get the right parts...the OME coilovers or an adjustable coilover kit...You probably want the 886 coils BTW...Dbl cab starts with the 885- then with the bumper...886 is recommended.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:21 PM   #6

Coilovers are so damn expensive though!
And I won't have enough money to buy new UCA's for em!
If I set the C/O's to 2.5, do i need UCA's?
Old 12-01-2009, 07:22 PM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBawlzTaco View Post
Doing things the right way is expensive....Doing them the wrong way and having to fix broken parts and then go back and do it the right way anyways....is MORE expensive.

No you don't NEED them....Recommended tho. They can usually wait for a bit while you save up again.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:23 PM   #8
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
derekabraham has been running his new 33"'s and 2.5" billies for a while. I dont think he is having any thread wear. You might be fine without them for a while until you save up for some. Light Racings are 450.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:24 PM   #9

Quote:
derekabraham has been running his new 33"'s and 2.5" billies for a while. I dont think he is having any thread wear. You might be fine without them for a while until you save up for some. Light Racings are 450.
Thanks guys.
And what coilover would you reccomend?
Right now I'm looking at the toytec ones. Hopefully they'll be strong enough to support an AP Front bumper. Im gonna be pissed if I sag.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:26 PM   #10
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Thanks guys.
And what coilover would you reccomend?
Right now I'm looking at the toytec ones. Hopefully they'll be strong enough to support an AP Front bumper. Im gonna be pissed if I sag.
Honestly, I would save a little more and skip toytec. A lot of people that ran them eventually upgraded. Fox, Icon, King, SAW are all good. I have Fox adjustable 2.0 resis. Love them. Bought them used.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #11

Quote:
Honestly, I would save a little more and skip toytec. A lot of people that ran them eventually upgraded. Fox, Icon, King, SAW are all good. I have Fox adjustable 2.0 resis. Love them. Bought them used.
I see the Icons on the toytec page.
1050 bucks.
I hope it's worth it.

Ill just run a simple toytec AAL in the back.

I have about 4.5k saved up.

about 1.5 - 2k going to the tires/rims.
I guess 1115 bucks to the lift including the aal.
and whatever is left is going to a sound system.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:28 PM   #12

And 1k going to the AP front bumper
Old 12-01-2009, 07:31 PM   #15

Quote:
What about uca's?
Ill get those when I have enough money. 450 right?

I think my tires can wait that long.
Besides, I'm only staying at 2.5

I hope I dont start swerving all over the road.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #16

Quote:
Ill get those when I have enough money. 450 right?

I think my tires can wait that long.
Besides, I'm only staying at 2.5

I hope I dont start swerving all over the road.
Just get it aligned after everything. I believe the LR ucas are 450 on toytecs website. But If you can save up 600 for the total chaos ucas I would do that. They come with a uniball. You can even find a nice used set for 450.

Im sure after the ucas you will want to crank it up another 1/2"
Old 12-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #17
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Priorities.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:40 PM   #18

Quote:
Just get it aligned after everything. I believe the LR ucas are 450 on toytecs website. But If you can save up 600 for the total chaos ucas I would do that. They come with a uniball. You can even find a nice used set for 450.

Im sure after the ucas you will want to crank it up another 1/2"

Damn right, and upgrade to a full 2 inch.

Just my plan!