1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2x4 lift (5 lug) questions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by doodle_cakes, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Dec 1, 2009 at 8:32 PM
    doodle_cakes

doodle_cakes [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco SR5 5lugger
    I'm now ready to put a lift in my truck (2008 SR5 access cab 2x4 5lug); somewhere in the range of 3'. I was going to order the ReadyLift kit for my truck today but I am second guessing myself from everything I have read.

Some people say it works great while others say it is mediocre and can damage your truck. I am going to own this truck for awhile so I want to get something that I won't regret and will improve of my factory ride rather that maintain it at best like the Readylift seems to do.

What are some other lift kits that fit my truck? Do any of the 6 lug kits fit? I was looking at the Total Chaos lift but it doesn't seem to be widely available in Canada.

Money isn't really a factor, although it would be nice to stay under $1000 including professional install...so I guess 800ish or less for the kit + shocks.

2. Dec 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    i am looking at the exact same thing. i have more of a 500 dollar range. but i wanted to get a 5 lug lift for my reg cab and am a little hesitant about the readylift.

3. Dec 1, 2009 at 8:55 PM
    afd23a

afd23a Well-Known Member

Member:
    The Dynamo of Dixie
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 5 Lugger
    Factory Fog Lights, Removed Secondary Air Filter, Metra Ipod Adapter, Int Wiper Stalk, Wet Okole's, URD Short Shifter, Scanguage II w/Blendmount, Fat Bob's 2.75" spacer lift, ARE topper, SP Performance Pads & Slotted Rotors, 4.10 gears
    If you want to stay under 1k, then the Readylift kit is pretty much your only option.

The total chaos uca kit plus the required front coilovers will run you around 1400 just for parts. That doesn't include rear shocks or rear lift.

4. Dec 2, 2009 at 5:49 AM
    doodle_cakes

doodle_cakes [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco SR5 5lugger
    Darn I was hoping you wouldn't say that. I don't feel like pumping $1400+ on just a front end lift into this truck.

I think I will really start contemplating talking to the dealer about turning in this truck to get a 4x4 double cab. I just don't want to get hosed on the lease too too much.

Products Discussed in

To Top