LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

2x4 lift (5 lug) questions

Old 12-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #1
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
2x4 lift (5 lug) questions

I'm now ready to put a lift in my truck (2008 SR5 access cab 2x4 5lug); somewhere in the range of 3'. I was going to order the ReadyLift kit for my truck today but I am second guessing myself from everything I have read.

Some people say it works great while others say it is mediocre and can damage your truck. I am going to own this truck for awhile so I want to get something that I won't regret and will improve of my factory ride rather that maintain it at best like the Readylift seems to do.

What are some other lift kits that fit my truck? Do any of the 6 lug kits fit? I was looking at the Total Chaos lift but it doesn't seem to be widely available in Canada.

Money isn't really a factor, although it would be nice to stay under $1000 including professional install...so I guess 800ish or less for the kit + shocks.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
i am looking at the exact same thing. i have more of a 500 dollar range. but i wanted to get a 5 lug lift for my reg cab and am a little hesitant about the readylift.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
afd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shedafd23a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

afd23a's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to stay under 1k, then the Readylift kit is pretty much your only option.

The total chaos uca kit plus the required front coilovers will run you around 1400 just for parts. That doesn't include rear shocks or rear lift.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:49 AM   #4
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
Darn I was hoping you wouldn't say that. I don't feel like pumping $1400+ on just a front end lift into this truck.

I think I will really start contemplating talking to the dealer about turning in this truck to get a 4x4 double cab. I just don't want to get hosed on the lease too too much.