Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bolt in shock hoops.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 PM   #1
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Bolt in shock hoops.

I really want to up grade my rear suspension to the All Pro 1.5" leaf pack. which im probably going to buy in the next week or so. But my question is does anyone make bolt in bed shock hoops for our 2nd gen 6-lugs. I really what to run some 14" 2.5 shocks for the rear. I know Dixon Brothers makes one for ford ranger which my buddy has.

This is my friends ranger with Dixon Brothers shock hoops.
Sorry for the bad pic i know it doesn't have the whole thing in focus but its all i got at the time.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:40 PM   #2
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
i have never seen one. call hassim at engage and see about a cage, his price is resonable, are you going spring under.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:08 PM   #4
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
You could contact TTORA member Mpower (Mike).

He is running a simple bedcage with King 12's. Im having a bedcage built this week that looks like his but with 14s like what you want. Its all welded on though not bolt-in.

Here are pics of his setup. He made the bedbar removeable.

Here is his contact info.

Defined Engineering
- Fab Services - Installs - Prep -
King Shock Servicing
Yorba Linda , CA 951-217-4947
definedengineering@msn.com

Old 12-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
glad you started coming to this forum more, we need more lt guys over here.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #6
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
i have never seen one. call hassim at engage and see about a cage, his price is resonable, are you going spring under.
since i dont have the cash for the spring under kit, i just want something simple so i could pull somewhere around 14" of travel with a over axle spring.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:24 PM   #7

Thanks 06HAOLE ill try that.

Yea i dont really care if its weld on or bolt on i would prefer to have weld on i hate always looking to see if every bolt is tight.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #8
weld on will most likely be cheaper, will the leaf's go that high before hitting the frame. what about bump stops.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:37 PM   #9
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
we need more lt guys over here.
there will be 1 more soon, i'm getting close to buying my engage kit
Old 12-02-2009, 03:46 PM   #10

Quote:
weld on will most likely be cheaper, will the leaf's go that high before hitting the frame. what about bump stops.
Not really sure if i know what you mean if the leafs go high enough, like my friend is running them with just billy 5100 in the stock mounting position and he hits the factory bump stops on the frame. And i will be running air bumps too.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #11
just wasn't sure how far up the leafs and axle will let you go up, but air bumps will help alot. hate the stock bumps and those are gone next.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:48 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
there will be 1 more soon, i'm getting close to buying my engage kit

sweet, you should make the trip to the engage jingle thing in barstow.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #13

Quote:
just wasn't sure how far up the leafs and axle will let you go up, but air bumps will help alot. hate the stock bumps and those are gone next.
Ok yea i get it.

now im wondering if ill even be able to get the allpro pack to use the 14"es of shock maybe should i consider 12"
Old 12-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #14
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Im using 3" All Pro springs with King 2.5x14" smooth body shocks with King 2.0x4" travel bumps.

The All Pro pack will take between 12-14" of the 14" King shock. Thats why I went with the 14" over the 12" shock.

If you wait a few days you can compare/critique my setup when I pick it up on Friday.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:59 PM   #15
i would get the leaf pack then have someone do the cage then buy the shocks. you would just have to talk to someone before buying the shocks. i would think you will have to move the shock mount on the axle so you can run them to the cage.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #16

Yea ur right you really cant tell untill i start building it. Yea im thinking i might have my friend build it since i really want a removable support bar so i can fit 2 dirtbikes still. I totally for got about him, i was just working with him on a cabcage.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #17
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i would get the leaf pack then have someone do the cage then buy the shocks. you would just have to talk to someone before buying the shocks. i would think you will have to move the shock mount on the axle so you can run them to the cage.
You definitely have to move the lower shock mounts. I cut the upper/lower/ shockmounts and bumpstops off. Its all new from there. The bumps are going to be welded in as well as the strike pad on the axle.
Old 12-02-2009, 04:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
You definitely have to move the lower shock mounts. I cut the upper/lower/ shockmounts and bumpstops off. Its all new from there. The bumps are going to be welded in as well as the strike pad on the axle.
yea im planning on having some beefier one welded on also. just kinda curious if you dont mind how much is the shock hoops running u, mines shocks and leaf pack.

also r u boxing in any of the frame for more strength?
Old 12-02-2009, 04:15 PM   #19
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
yea im planning on having some beefier one welded on also. just kinda curious if you dont mind how much is the shock hoops running u, mines shocks and leaf pack.
Sent PM
Old 12-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #20
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sweet, you should make the trip to the engage jingle thing in barstow.
yeah, i'm thinking about it and really want to go but that weekend is my b-day and i have school friday night and saturday afternoon. i might just ditch school and go. i want to meet the engage guys and see their kit in person even though i'm alreay sold on it.