Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TSB & Aftermarket lift

Old 02-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #1
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
TSB & Aftermarket lift

so i need to take my truck in for the tsb but would still like a lift as well do i

1) get the tsb done
2) get the lift done before the tsb
3) get the tsb then the lift
4) tsb only

looking for a 3" lift possibly the toytec just wondering what everyone else out there has done or will be doing. Or is there a better/ different kit thats works better with the tsb.

Thanks
SX
Old 02-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
tsb then lift
Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, Toyota might try to give you some crap about having the lift, so I'd wait until after the lift.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
tsb then blocks in the rear for the extra that u need. i've got 2.5" up front and the tsb/2" blocks in the back
Old 02-29-2008, 08:38 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
tsb then blocks in the rear for the extra that u need. i've got 2.5" up front and the tsb/2" blocks in the back
my 5100's will be here soon. i was hoping to be able to just use the shocks and the tsb but it looks like i'm gonna have to add blocks to the back. do you think i can get away with just a 1" block in the rear?
Old 02-29-2008, 08:42 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
my 5100's will be here soon. i was hoping to be able to just use the shocks and the tsb but it looks like i'm gonna have to add blocks to the back. do you think i can get away with just a 1" block in the rear?
the 5100s are adjustable. Are you planning on setting them at their max? If you set them around 1-1.5 in that will probably level it out.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:18 AM   #7
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
the 5100s are adjustable. Are you planning on setting them at their max? If you set them around 1-1.5 in that will probably level it out.
i was hoping to set them at 2.5 but i may set them at 1.75 then put a block on the back and re-adjust the front to 2.5. i was hoping i could set them at max and be level but it doesnt look like that will work
Old 02-29-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
i was hoping to set them at 2.5 but i may set them at 1.75 then put a block on the back and re-adjust the front to 2.5. i was hoping i could set them at max and be level but it doesnt look like that will work
are u wanting a completely level look? if so, u should be able to do the tsb and get the 5100's set on 2.5" and it will look pretty damn level. the front might be up about 1/4-1/2". i went overboard w/ 2" blocks in the back...but it does make sense for going offroad and now i have a lil less to worry about hitting rocks under the cab area...eventhough i'll have those sliders on by then
Old 03-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #9
Toycoma06 will become famous soon enoughToycoma06 will become famous soon enough

Toycoma06's Tacoma Gallery
TSB and then the lift !!! Check my pic. out..... I am running a 3'' Toytec OME 884's with TSB and 1.5'' block.( tires and wheels are soon) Not sure if i like the 884's, to me it looks like you get a little more lift out of the spacer puck then the full spring??? Could just be me.......ive got use to looking at the lift.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:41 AM   #10
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
are u wanting a completely level look? if so, u should be able to do the tsb and get the 5100's set on 2.5" and it will look pretty damn level. the front might be up about 1/4-1/2". i went overboard w/ 2" blocks in the back...but it does make sense for going offroad and now i have a lil less to worry about hitting rocks under the cab area...eventhough i'll have those sliders on by then
so did you piece your own kit together? whats your complete lift / tsb kit? i was looking at your pics and the height looks good im thinking this the route i want to go just need some details
Old 03-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #11
Toycoma06 will become famous soon enoughToycoma06 will become famous soon enough

Toycoma06's Tacoma Gallery
My kit is a Toytec, part #OME3-05-bk. Also i ordered the 1'' diff. drop kit. You need to go with the 885's coils to get a full 3'' lift on the dbl. cab. If you have got the TSB done, go with the 1.5 block kit (same price). If i had to do it over i would have just went with the Toytec 3'' puk spacer. The reason i say that is about four weeks after install it looks like my OME springs have started a sag alittle. If you are looking for a factory ride, OME springs are the way to go!!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 12:24 PM   #12

nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I like to have a little bit of a raked look. i think i'm gonna go for 1.75 up front with no blocks in the back. I think it will be level and not raked like i want but oh well. i have completely decided against blocks. i have heard too many negative things. i'll just do the 1.75 and stick with taht until the trucks paid off, then put on a 6 inch or something.
Old 03-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #13
FJ FTW!

im starting to wonder if i should just can the tsb and go with a toytec full 3" lift or something
Old 03-14-2008, 01:39 PM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_x View Post
so did you piece your own kit together? whats your complete lift / tsb kit? i was looking at your pics and the height looks good im thinking this the route i want to go just need some details
tsb+2" blocks in the rear...and 2.5" up front. i think it'd look a lil better w/ 3" up front and the same as mine in the rear. get that lil extra .5" in the front
Old 03-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #15
FJ FTW!

well i called to schedule a tsb inspection, it qualified they called a sister store and wam bam tsb fix in one day, now just waiting for the call to go pick up the truck oh yea!!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:23 PM   #16
FJ FTW!

Quote:
tsb+2" blocks in the rear...and 2.5" up front. i think it'd look a lil better w/ 3" up front and the same as mine in the rear. get that lil extra .5" in the front

well i went with your advice 3" up front and 2" block on the rear and its f'in sweet
Old 04-16-2008, 06:09 PM   #17
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_x View Post
well i went with your advice 3" up front and 2" block on the rear and its f'in sweet
if u start feeling any vibes over 55mph or while slowing down 20-25mph, get the toytec shims...$25 and it'll fix ya up right

EDIT: and i wish i had gone 3" spacers up front now as well