Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Recommended time frame

Old 12-02-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
Turning the knob from H2 to H4/L4
Poke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to all

Poke Tako's Tacoma Gallery
Recommended time frame

Hello everyone!!!
I will be upgrading my current suspension lift (3" Tough Country that consists of stock coils and shocks, strut spacers, AAL) to Bilstein 5100 shocks on front and rear with Old Man Emu 885 coil springs up front.
After installing my new set up, what would be a recommended time frame to wait for the OME 885 coil springs to settle in to get an alignment done? Or should I get an alignment done right after the installation?
Thank you!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Always get the alignment soon after the installation.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
Poke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to allPoke Tako is a name known to all

Thanks for the replies. It looks like I would need to get an alignment done as soon as possible after the installation.
Since the possibility of the OME 885 coils will settle a little, does anyone else think differently?
Old 12-02-2009, 08:17 PM   #5
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Have you looked at a local Firestone or other "big box" type place...They usually have a lifetime or year long unlimited alignment.

I paid like 135 for lifetime alignments thru Firestone on both my cars...They looked at me a bit funny when I brought it in three times in two weeks....but they did the work!!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:43 PM   #6

Wow, I didn't know that Firestone has that kind of alignment offers.
Do you or anyone know if having alignment done multiple times on our Tacos causes any damage or worn out any components in the long run?
Old 12-03-2009, 06:31 AM   #7
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
I wouldn't get it aligned daily- but occsanional alignments will help tires and other parts by keeping them set where they should be.

I was working on my suspension and made several changes over a couple weeks time frame. But usually I'll ge tit done every 6 months or before major road trips. If I have a gnarly offroad trip I'll get it checked too.