Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Has anybody had their Deavers re arched?

Old 12-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #2
Banned
alvto is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
alvto's Tacoma Gallery
????

what kind of weekend driving do you do?
Old 12-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #3
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $220 to have them rearched, add a leaf to make it a 11pack, new bushings, new ubolts. They had them for 2days because I wasn't able to make it back before they closed to pick them up the day I dropped them off.

I bought mine used so I didn't know how abused they were that's why I had this all done.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #4
Banned
alvto is on a distinguished road
Air Force:
alvto's Tacoma Gallery

220 sounds about right can u tell the diffrince now better or worse. i get a little rough ride from the rear pass on mine/
Old 12-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #5
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry I don't know the difference. They were on someone else's truck so before I even installed them I dropped them off to get redone.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
How did you know they needed to be rearched? The previous owner must have killed those things. I've never heard of Deaver springs getting rearched!
Old 12-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #7
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
rzimm001's Tacoma Gallery
Thats my situation too. I bought them used so I have no idea what to compare them too. Mine seem pretty soft although they still provide aleast an inch of lift at the present. I hit some woops in ocotillo and hit the bump stops pretty hard a few times. I'm running icon shocks all the way around. I'm just wondering how much better they will be after the service.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #8
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
How did you know they needed to be rearched? The previous owner must have killed those things. I've never heard of Deaver springs getting rearched!
I figured they got killed because I scored them for around $100 and they were less than a year old. I couldn't understand why else he would let them go so cheap, so I played it safe and had them redone.

Too bad I wasn't closer to you Rzimm I'd let you drive my truck to see if you can tell a difference. I'm running the donahoe rear resi shocks in the rear with them.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:47 AM   #9
Tearmytaco
rzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrzimm001 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
I figured they got killed because I scored them for around $100 and they were less than a year old. I couldn't understand why else he would let them go so cheap, so I played it safe and had them redone.

Too bad I wasn't closer to you Rzimm I'd let you drive my truck to see if you can tell a difference. I'm running the donahoe rear resi shocks in the rear with them.

How does she ride? What kind of terrain have you tackled? Fast whoops or just trail riding?
Old 12-03-2009, 12:51 AM   #10
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzimm001 View Post
How does she ride? What kind of terrain have you tackled? Fast whoops or just trail riding?

Unfortunately nothing yet . I've had them for a month or so, but compared to the AAL I had before they are amazing. I definitely need to make one of the next offroad meets.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:34 AM   #11
RAMZAK has a spectacular aura aboutRAMZAK has a spectacular aura about
Name: Mark
RAMZAK's Tacoma Gallery
What in the world is a DEAVER?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:48 AM   #12
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAMZAK View Post
What in the world is a DEAVER?
Aftermarket rear leaf spring.

Zimmer idk if you remember Daniels felt pretty soft before his 16" shocks. Im getting my new leaf pack after finals, i would wait tell u feel mine.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:53 AM   #13
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Can't remember how much it cost...but a L O N G time ago I had my stock leaf springs re-arched on my 96 tacoma.

If you get them re-arched, I'd HIGHLY recommend getting atleast ONE additional leaf custom made at the same time as the re-arch process. The shop will match all the leafs with the same arch.

Re-arched leafs will sag over time and the additional leaf/s help them retain their shape much longer. On my 96 - I had two addtional leafs made.

Or.....simply buy yourself a new aftermarket leaf pak.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #14
Tearmytaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellosa89 View Post
Aftermarket rear leaf spring.

Zimmer idk if you remember Daniels felt pretty soft before his 16" shocks. Im getting my new leaf pack after finals, i would wait tell u feel mine.

Were they soft? I can't remember. I don't think I road with him after the spring but before the shocks.

You're getting a leaf pack? Sick! Which ones? You should go allpro for shits and giggles so we can see the difference.

Any ideas yet on setting up the rear end without going full blown long travel? You should see the cantilever setup on TTORA. That shit is sick but I don't know good or re liable it is.

Okay dude I'm going to dynamat my doors right now. We'll see how that improve the stereo system.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:48 AM   #15
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=rzimm001;1175992]Were they soft? I can't remember. I don't think I road with him after the spring but before the shocks.

Yea he bottomed out, but he was bottoming out on his shocks not his bumpstops cause he had to long of billys in there.

Yea man im getting the allpro pack they are having a really good Christmas deal on them. But naw im just going to find someone local to build shock hoops, but the shock hoops wont be untill i get the coilovers in April.