Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

which is a better leaf set?

Old 12-03-2009, 09:04 AM   #1
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
which is a better leaf set?

wheelers:
OME 2.75" Lift Leaf Spring Set: 375.00/pr THESE OME DAKAR SPRINGS PART #'s CS047 REQUIRE BUSHING KIT SHOWN BELOW. OTHER PARTS THAT ARE RECOMMENDED WITH THESE IS OUR LONGER U-BOLT SET, FK29 DRIVELINE CARRIER BEARING DROP KIT AND OME REAR SHOCKS SHOWN BELOW:

OR

Toyteclifts.com:
OME leaf spring 2005-2010 Tacoma

Price per Unit (EACH): $199.99
Number EACHs in packaging:1
Number EACHs in box:1
CS047R
****PRICED PER SPRING****ORDER QUANTITY OF 2 PER VEHICLE

2 1/2" lift complete rear springs priced each with bushings. Also requires new U bolts not included
OME Dakar leaf springs feature:
  • Draw Tapered & Diamond Cut Leaves: Ensure the load is progressively distributed over a larger surface area, reducing the high stresses that develop at leaf ends. This provides increased ride quality and protection against leaf breakage, significantly increasing the spring life.
  • Bolt Clamps & Liners: The leaf clamps are bolted to allow installation of anti squeak nylon liners.
  • Fully Scragged & Load Tested: Scragging ensures the spring takes a permanent 'set' which reduces the risk of sagging. Load testing ensures the spring meets the required specification.
  • Graphite Coating: To further reduce the friction between the spring leaves & friction pads.
  • Military Wrap: Designed to provide added safety.
  • Anti Friction Pads: Regreasable nylon interleaf liners reduce friction at the leaf tips where the load is the greatest.
  • Flat Axle Seat Area: Allows a positive, safe axle mount reducing spring stress & increasing spring life.
  • Shot Peening: The tension side of all leaves is shot peened to reduce spring stress. This process can double the life of a spring.
  • Two-stage Leaf Pack: Featured on most rear springs for optimum comfort. When unladen the vehicle is largely riding on the primary stage, with the secondary stage providing additional support when a heavy load is added.
Please note: Most Emu Dakar leaf springs have all the listed features, but where design or a physical limitation exists one or more of these features may not be incorporated. Please check with your OME licensed fitter for further information.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
where can't I go?
AZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kacey
AZCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
suspension travle or lift? if u want travle and lift go to a local shop and have them make u a set. Its not that spendy and no shipping.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:11 AM   #3
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
they are the same spring...OME CS047
Old 12-03-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
what about allpro.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:07 AM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I didn't notice them being the same, I thought the wheelers were progressive and the toytec ones looks different then what I imagined the wheelers set to look like. Sorry if you guys wanna delete that's fine haha
I heard the sll pros are hit or miss: some people like them some don't. I can't justify spending 600 for dakars or alcans, don't have the 200 bucks. I might look into local shops. I'm looking for both lift and flex.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:12 AM   #6
Almost there

One says its r and then they advertise different lift numbers. The leafs that are progressive where the icons and I mixed up haha sorry guys