LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Light Racing UCAs, Allpro, Camburg which one????

View Poll Results: Favorite UCA?
Camburg (Uniball) 11 26.19%
TC 16 38.10%
AllPro 1 2.38%
Light Racing 14 33.33%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #1
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
Light Racing UCAs, Allpro, Camburg which one????

I installed my SAW 2.5s on the truck and cranked them up, now I need some UCAs.

I've done some research, but thought I would open it up to everyone to get some opinions.

SO which do you prefer? Are Camburg, AllPro and TC really that much better than Light racing??
Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
IIRC, the Camburg, TC, & All Pro UCAs are all uniball, these will allow for a little but more travel and a bigger range of adjustment for caster. The LR are Ball Joint which will correct the camber issues but thats about it.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:33 AM   #4
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I know personally of 2 people with the camburgs and they are pretty noisy. I have the TC and they are great so far!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Nobody has any experience with allpro? I was more leaning toward those because of the forum discount we get there.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:03 AM   #6
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_Taco_Time View Post
Nobody has any experience with allpro? I was more leaning toward those because of the forum discount we get there.
I heard the Allpro UCAs are crap and their noisy too...If I had the loot i'd get TC but instead i'm gonna roll with the LR cause the price is right
Old 12-03-2009, 11:08 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottcrumley24 View Post
I heard the Allpro UCAs are crap and their noisy too...If I had the loot i'd get TC but instead i'm gonna roll with the LR cause the price is right
You just talked me out of allpro in a hurry, thanks for the info.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg UCAs use a 1.25" uniball as opposed to the 1" in the TC UCAs. If you run hydraulic bumps up front you'll be able to get about an extra inch to inch and a half of uptravel out of your suspension with them.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You just talked me out of allpro in a hurry, thanks for the info.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #10

TC seems to be the best on the market...I haven't heard 1 bad thing about them...but I have about the other 3 you listed...
Old 12-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Camburg UCAs use a 1.25" uniball as opposed to the 1" in the TC UCAs. If you run hydraulic bumps up front you'll be able to get about an extra inch to inch and a half of uptravel out of your suspension with them.
Do your Camburgs make a lot of noise? PS- love your truck.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do your Camburgs make a lot of noise? PS- love your truck.
Thanks.

I haven't heard a single squeak out of the Camburg UCAs so far but you have to take that with a grain of salt. My truck is extremely noisy so the odds of hearing a chirp from a uniball up front are extremely slim.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:50 AM   #13
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
i got the lruca and they work great imo.i dont do hard off roading so im sure they will last a long time.great product for the $.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:44 PM   #14
lost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlost1700 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blake
lost1700's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...deal-ucas.html
Old 12-03-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
my camburgs are kinda noisy but are a great product and i would def buy them again if i had to. i dont buy TC stuff cause i think it's over priced. when moding your truck with after market stuff, especially stuff thats pulling lots of travel its gonna become a little noisy. my deaver make way more noisy than my UCA's.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #16
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
my camburgs are kinda noisy but are a great product and i would def buy them again if i had to. i dont buy TC stuff cause i think it's over priced. when moding your truck with after market stuff, especially stuff thats pulling lots of travel its gonna become a little noisy. my deaver make way more noisy than my UCA's.
Thats why I got AP Leafs and TC uca's. No squeeks
Old 12-03-2009, 03:39 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
Isn't TC like $30 more than Camburg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
How do you like your AP leafs??
Old 12-03-2009, 05:57 PM   #19
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[quote=Its_Taco_Time;1177430]Isn't TC like $30 more than Camburg?

quote]

1st gen TC UCA's are more like $200 more, at least thats the cheapest i've found them.
Old 12-03-2009, 05:58 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
lucky, maybe there is some diff with you being a 2nd gen and mine being 1st, IDK. good thing the squeaks dont bother me