Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100's or revtek?

Old 12-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #1
rallsp12 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ralls
rallsp12's Tacoma Gallery
5100's or revtek?

i have an 08 4 wheel drive and am wanting to lift it 3 inches and it sit level. i want it for just looks since i dont do a lot of offroading. i have narrowed it down to these two:

the revtek 3 inch suspension

or all 4 5100 adjustable shocks with the front set to 2.5" and a 1" rear block to make it level.

which one would u prefer?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #2
HOSS454 is on a distinguished road
HOSS454's Tacoma Gallery
most would say billys and so will i... i have em and love em
Old 12-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Billy 5100's... And instead of a block in the back, you'll get a better ride with an AAL.
X2. 5100's and a rear AAL.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #5
im guessin yall mean the bilstein by billy haha? i dont know a whole lot about them
Old 12-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #6
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton View Post
Billy 5100's... And instead of a block in the back, you'll get a better ride with an AAL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
X2. 5100's and a rear AAL.
Let me see....1, 2, oh yea x3!
Old 12-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #7
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure everysingle person will say 5100's over spacer

i have a 5100's and aal and love em
Old 12-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #8
how much does the rear aadd a leaf cost? and how will it make the back sit level with the front? and do i still need to buy all 4 shocks?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:19 PM   #9
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallsp12 View Post
how much does the rear aadd a leaf cost? and how will it make the back sit level with the front? and do i still need to buy all 4 shocks?
Didnt we discuss this in the last thread
Old 12-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #10
and yeah we did i just wanted to make sure about the shocks because i didnt know what to do about the back to make it level
Old 12-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #11
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
try to get the aal tsb... if not, you wont have a noticeable amount of lean... at least i didnt really notice any in mine
Old 12-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #12

Quote:
and yeah we did i just wanted to make sure about the shocks because i didnt know what to do about the back to make it level
Me and Chris4x4 both said aal.

That man has 40k posts for a reason.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #14
what exactly do thos schocks do to the strut? does it do away with the stock strut or what?
Old 12-03-2009, 01:37 PM   #15

Quote:
what exactly do thos schocks do to the strut? does it do away with the stock strut or what?
Ummm anytime you put a different shock on, that would be replacing it.

They preload the shock.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #16
RedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud ofRedskinRedTaco has much to be proud of
Name: Paul
RedskinRedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 5100's set at 1 3/4" and 1" blocks. My truck is level due to the capper shell i have. I am pretty happy with it, accept for real low cargo weight. I'm getting TSb next week hopefully this fixes it.

Old 12-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #17

Bilstein 5100 Series 2005-2009 Toyota Tacoma Pre Runner & 4WD Pre-Load Adjustable

Bilstein 5100 Series Pre Load Adjustable Front shocks for a 2005-2009 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 & 2wd TRD (Pre-Runner)

Shocks are for 6 Lug vehicles Only!!!

Front Shock Part #: BE5-C477-T0
Rear Shock Part #: BE5-C478-T0

Toyota Forum Members please contact us for discounts!!!

Features: The Front Shocks have groves in the body so that you can set them to Stock Height or up to a 2.5" Lift.
Shocks were designed to level out a stock truck from front to back.
These are the Bilstein 5100 Series Shocks and they are a direct bolt on application.
These shocks are made by Bilstein for "Race Car Dynamics" to there specifications.
Zinc-plated shocks that install like factory replacement shocks and are designed to correct the factory rake.
The OEM spring seat is repositioned to provide more Pre-Load to the factory spring. The result is a level front to rear ride height.
An extremely simple and effective solution,to level out your truck and improve ride quality.
Price: $325.41
SALE: $299.99
Old 12-06-2009, 01:17 PM   #18
Epic Member
tvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtvbd56 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
tvbd56's Tacoma Gallery
i am also looking at getting bilstein 5100's and i was wondering, why are people suggesting to get a add-a-leaf?

why do you need it, and what will the truck look like without the add-a-leaf?

Thanks
Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #19
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
and to add to that...If I have the 4 leaf pack already on my truck do I need an AAL for the Billy set-up? Thanks guys
Old 12-06-2009, 01:32 PM   #20
Reagan/Bush '84
Colton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shedColton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Dependant  (Father had 24 yrs on the Eisenhower, Ordinance Officer)
Name: Colton
Colton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbd56 View Post
i am also looking at getting bilstein 5100's and i was wondering, why are people suggesting to get a add-a-leaf?

why do you need it, and what will the truck look like without the add-a-leaf?

Thanks
It lifts the back of the truck... If you want the truck to be a bit nose high, then you won't need an AAL.