1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

bulldog canyon prelift install help poll haha im bored

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 08pretaco, Dec 3, 2009.

?

when would if fit people schedule the best

Poll closed Jan 2, 2010.
  1. wed the 9th

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. sun the 13th

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. wed the 16th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. fri the 18th

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Dec 3, 2009 at 1:52 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    ok so like it says the people that are willing to help me out with the install of my spindles and coilovers im doing a poll so that we can maybe get an idea and i can get work off to get this done so i can participate in the bulldog run the 19th :D

i live in an apartment complex, we can do it there or if someones house is available thatd be great as well

oh and post tools that you have :) lol i know im lame

2. Dec 3, 2009 at 2:27 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    This should be made into a multi-choice poll. I could help 13th and 18th

3. Dec 3, 2009 at 2:28 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    idk how to change it but disregard the wednesday and on the dates of 13th and 18th

4. Dec 3, 2009 at 3:59 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    who else voted cause if its just taylor myself and the other guy thats all that we really need?

5. Dec 3, 2009 at 6:35 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    I voted

6. Dec 3, 2009 at 8:25 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    here are the install instructions for people to get familiar with. masada i thought id just post it here instead of a pm.

05+ Tacoma Prerunner
    Spindle Install Notes
    Jack up front of vehicle.
    Chock rear tires.
    Place securely on jack stands with the front wheels off the ground.
    Remove front wheels and tires.
    Remove factory skid plate (4- 12mm bolts)
    “Factory manual is recommended for removal and re-installation of all factory components.”

SWAY BAR Removal
    Step 1: Remove front sway bar end link from factory spindle on driver and passenger side.
    Step 2: Remove front portion of sway bar (bushing area) bracket from the frame.
    Step 3: Loosen outer tie rod nuts and strike front side of the spindle area with a hammer to break loose the taper seat.
    Step 4: Remove tie rod from the spindle on both sides and lower them down out of your way.

BRAKE CALIPER & ABS Removal
    Step 1: Remove the ABS brackets from the factory spindles. Unplug ABS plugs from sensors
    Step 2: Loosen the 2 caliper bolts on driver and passenger side and remove brake line brackets off the factory spindles. Hang the calipers from the frame safely out of the work area.

SPINDLE Removal
    Step 1: Remove the upper ball joint clip and loosen the upper ball joint nut with a 19mm.
    Step 2: Strike the front side of the spindle with a hammer to break the tapered seat of the upper ball joint loose. Push the upper control arm out of the way.
    Step 3: Tilt the spindle top outward.
    Step 4: Remove the lower ball joint from the spindle using a 19mm.
    Step 5: Remove the spindle.
    (Repeat steps 1-5 above on the other side)

BRAKE LINE Removal
    Step 1: Remove factory rubber hose brake lines and clips. Retain the factory hard lines on both ends.
    Step 2: Install the DOT stainless extended brake lines and clip supplied by TOTAL CHAOS. DO NOT bleed the lines yet.

SEALED HUB & BEARING Removal & Install in TCF Spindle
    Step 1: Place spindles on a flat surface with the hub facing upward. Use a 10mm wrench to remove wheel sensors from the factory spindles.
    Step 2: Loosen the 4-17mm bolts per side from the sealed bearing. [Tip- Striking the wrench with a hammer may be necessary to break loose the hardware]
    Step 3: Loosen the bolts as far out as possible. Grab the front of the hub and wiggle back and forth. Continue loosening the 17mm bolts until the hub is removed.
    Step 4: Remove stock rotor guard and install on TCF spindle.
    Step 5: Place hub bearing in the new housing, Thread the 4-17mm bolts as far as possible by hand and make sure the bearing is pressing in smoothly. Wiggle back and forth slightly to ensure the bearing is seated properly.
    Step 6: Tighten the 17mm bolts completely. Torque to 59 ft/lb. Repeat steps on the other spindle.

Reinstall SPINDLE to STOCK UPPER AND LOWER CONTROL ARMS
    Step 1: With the TCF lift spindles assembled, place the lower stock ball joint adapter between the tabs in the spindle.
    Step 2: Apply red lock tight to the 5/8” hardware supplied and tighten to 95 ft/lbs at this time.
    Step 3: Lean top portion of spindle outward to tighten lower 5/8” hardware.
    Step 4: Lower upper ball joint into the taper on the spindle tower. Make sure the hole and the ball joint taper is centered in upper spindle pocket to insure the clip will work.
    Step 5: Tighten 19mm nut and torque to 75 ft/lbs. Re insert the retaining clip on the castle nut.
    Step 6: Loosen the jam nuts on the factory outer tie rods. Flip the outer tie rod 180 degrees and re-install the tie rod to the TCF spindles facing downward. (on top of spindle)
    Step7: Tie rods will need to be adjusted outward to achieve proper toe. Insert tie rod into the taper in the spindle and tighten the castle nut to 65 ft/lb torque. Install cotter pins supplied with kit.
    Repeat these steps on the other side.

UNIBALL UPPER CONTROL ARM or LONG TRAVEL SYSTEMS
    Step 1: Place the tapered spindle adapter in to the spindle. With misalignment spacers in the a-arm lower upper control arm down onto tapered adapter. Place ¾” lower misalignment into the uniball before installation.
    Step 2: Slide new 9/16” x 4 ¾” bolt with new AN washer down through spindle while holding nut in pocket of spindle.
    Step 3: By hand, thread new bolt in. Use 7/8” wrench on nut and 13/16” socket on bolt. Tighten 9/16” bolt to 110 ft/lbs.

BRAKE Install – BRAKE LINES continued
    Step 1: Install rotor on hub, place caliper on rotor making sure hard line brake line slides through brake line tab. Install 17mm bolts and torque to 65 ft/lb. Some clearancing of the lower caliper mounting ear may be necessary.
    Step 2: Cycle steering back and forth to insure there is no contact on brake lines. Clock brake line for clearance if necessary.
    Step 3: Tie wrap ABS wire to tabs on TCF spindle & reconnect the sensors. Check the ABS wire for clearance to insure it cannot be pinched between the upper control arm and the frame.
    Step 4: Bleed the front brakes.

Reinstall the front wheels and tires. Torque to proper specs.
    Lower vehicle onto ground.
    TC recommends an alignment after spindle installation.
    Re-torque hardware after 100 miles.

NOTES:
    • Vehicles using factory wheels will require ¼” wheel spacers.
    • Vehicles using factory upper control arms will not use the included 9/16” hardware.
    • The factory sway bar is not retained.
    • Check for clearance between the rotor guard and rotor. Guard may need to be bent away from rotor at the top to prevent rubbing.

7. Dec 3, 2009 at 8:30 PM
    AriZonaD54

AriZonaD54 BANNED in 49 states...

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Valley of the Sun
    what ever happened to our 'mod day'? Is it a now a no go?

8. Dec 3, 2009 at 8:31 PM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    idk cliff i thought was organizing it and now hes kick off, i believe, or just banned again therefore i have no idea about that :( it was supposed to be on the 12th

9. Dec 4, 2009 at 7:06 AM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    I think it died...because there wasn't enough interest.

We could just set up another informal mod day...and go to someones house to do it.

I'll start a thread in the AZ section.

10. Dec 4, 2009 at 7:48 AM
    AZCOMA

AZCOMA where can't I go?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kacey
    Laveen
    Vehicle:
    05 Preunner sr5
    2.5 saw co's, n-fab bed cage rear tire mount,new head unit and 10"sub,285/75/16 nittos on M/T wheels,H.I.D.'s...The next mod is T.C. long travle kit,Deavers and glass all the way around.
    Cliff got banned?

Products Discussed in

To Top