1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

5100's and some clarity please

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Dabates, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Dec 3, 2009 at 4:19 PM
    Dabates

Dabates [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Guelph, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD
    So the front end is getting a little bouncy these days and I'm thinking it might be time to invest in some new shocks. I've read the FAQ's and a bunch of other threads but can't find a clear answer. Can I install 5100's on the front of my stock '01 TRD Xtra cab and expect any sort of lift with the stock springs. I've read that adjusting them to 1.75 will level out the truck but I don't think I even notice that the front is any lower than the rear, I do have a shell though so could the weight of that be bringing down the rear to levelwith the front. If I add 5100's to the rear with the stock leaf pack, will I see any noticable change in ride height?
    Help me out with a bit of clarification here please, otherwise I'll go and get hosed at the dealership with a stock Toyota replacement...

2. Dec 3, 2009 at 4:20 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    You can install the 5100 shocks, and at the 0" setting, they will be the same as stock.

3. Dec 3, 2009 at 4:22 PM
    TexasIslandBoy

TexasIslandBoy THE RED DRAGON!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    South Texas. SPI
    Vehicle:
    07' trd offroad 4X4 (For Sale)
    pro comp 6inch lift 35'' tires moto 950's radfo coilovers magnaflow exhaust 5/16" front skidplate usa spec ipod interface tree pin strip mod dry drop in filter full size BFG KM2 spare
    no ride height in the rear from adding shocks you would need a add a leaf to get lift in the rear

4. Dec 3, 2009 at 4:45 PM
    Klipp11

Klipp11 s3

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Vehicle:
    '06 DC 4x4 LB
    OME 885 coils, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 1.5" AAL, TC uca's, cab mount chop, 5000k HID heads and fogs, LED tails, satoshi GC w/ Hella 500's mounted behind it with 5000k HID upgrade, Extang solid tri-fold tonneau cover, Yakima roof rack, fog light anytime mod, disable a/c defrost mod
    hey man,

i've got a set of trd bilsteins in case you're interested. i took them off my '06 tacoma, and they have lots of life left in them. pm me if you want more info, and i can set you up with a deal on the shocks (stock springs / uca's available too). i'm right next door in manitoba.

Products Discussed in

To Top