Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

diff drop ?

Old 12-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #1
superbikedad is on a distinguished road

Name: Jeff
superbikedad's Tacoma Gallery
diff drop ?

Can I install a differential drop kit on 07 4x4 trd with bilstein 5100's set at 1.75 and will I hurt anything? I know most say you dont need it at that height but I do have some vibration and it goes away in 4wheel drive. I have not had alignment yet. that will be done Saturday. But if I still have vibration after the alignment I was thinking about doing the diff drop kit. Thanks for any and all advice.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #2
blendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shedblendedfamily is one of the sharper tools in the shed
blendedfamily's Tacoma Gallery
bump for this, i'm a total noob and am planning on lifting my truck this month...
Old 12-03-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You can give it a try. If it doesnt change anything, I would pull it off, and look for another source of the vibes.
Old 12-04-2009, 05:08 AM   #4
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
i got some vibes still.around 38 mph is the worst and its not that noticable anymore to me.it does go away in 4x4 like yours.i got the diff drop in/tried without,no differance.ive tried shimming cb,no luck.got about 10,000 miles on it and no problems.if i didnt like my set up so much i would of took it off cause i dont like shit that doesnt go right.it seems some get it and some dont.good luck.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:22 PM   #5

Thanks for the response guys. I guess I will see what happens after the alignment.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:23 AM   #6
pascotaco is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard:
pascotaco's Tacoma Gallery
Vibration go away after the alignment?
Old 01-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascotaco View Post
Vibration go away after the alignment?
Hey Pascotaco

Truck drives worse after my alignment. Drove pretty good before the align and after the lift. Maybe I need to go have it looked at and re-aligned somewhere else. I did buy a diff drop kit. Havent installed it yet because Im not convinced some of my problems are not from the alignment. Just been real busy. I will post after new alignment and maybe with the diff drop installed. Probably going to be a few weeks before I can get everything done. But I kinda have gotten used to the way it drives. I guess its not that bad but its not right either. I will post as I play around with it a little more. Take care