Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

AAL question

Old 12-04-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
AAL question

I was looking around on Wheelersoffroad.com and saw the AAL.

What is the difference between the AAL and the 3 leaf progressive AAL?

Is one better than the other? Why?

They both advertise 1.5" in lift.

Thanks for the help...I'm trying to figure out how I want to lift the back end of my truck...
Old 12-04-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the 3 leaf is a 3 leaf pack to replace your one overload leaf to provide a smoother ride but idk
Old 12-05-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
A few years ago i was debating an AAL or a full leaf pack, and asked Wheelers that question. The single AAL is a long leaf that (I think) installs between the top leaf and the rest of the pack. It'll help a bit with the max load cap. and you keep the overload leaf. The 3 leaf AAL fits on the bottom of the leaf pack and replaces the overload leaf, so you lose some carrying capacity. The wheeler's guy told me that since I have a cap on the back he wouldn't recommend the 3 leaf. Hope this helps.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
SCMtaco is on a distinguished road
SCMtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I've been talking with Dan at Wheelers and he said "The single leaf is better for hauling. It will stiffen up the rear about 10-15%."
Old 12-06-2009, 07:10 AM   #6
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
Basically the way it was explained to me is, if you frequently haul heavy loads or if you have a cap on the back full time, it's better to go with the single AAL. If you don't have a cap and aren't worried about heavy loads, the 3 leaf seems like it's a little more reactive and maybe a little easier to install, since you don't have to pry open the retainers for the top 3 leaves.