Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

coilovers with or without reservoir???

Old 12-05-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
coilovers with or without reservoir???

ok does having a remote reservoir on the front coilovers actually improve how the shock itself performs? just trying to figure this out and learn some more. because im not sure if i should order the coilovers with or without the reservoir. thanks guys
Old 12-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #2
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
sweet thanks for the info man. gonna go without the reservoirs
Old 12-05-2009, 10:59 PM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i say if you got the extra $ then just get the resi's if for only the bling factor. resi CO's just look bad ass
Old 12-06-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
i have the resis.do i NEED them?NO.i got a great deal on mine and thats the only reason i got them.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:39 PM   #5
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr114 View Post
ok does having a remote reservoir on the front coilovers actually improve how the shock itself performs? just trying to figure this out and learn some more. because im not sure if i should order the coilovers with or without the reservoir. thanks guys
Like most said, it depends on your application. For most of us the ones without the resi will do fine. Unless you are a person that likes to run long in the desert where your shocks will have to work more then resi will help a lot. You are a prerunner so I am assuming you like the desert more than trails. So resi's might be worth it for you.

With that being said I am getting Kings with Resi's.

What are you looking to get?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:31 AM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
these are some killer deals right here on resi CO's. be hard to finder them cheaper

ICON http://www.outlawoffroad.com/22267/7....0_V6_GAS.html

KING
http://www.outlawoffroad.com/22267/7....0_V6_GAS.html
Old 12-07-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
ya im ordering later this week from offroadwarehouse.com they have packages with the icon and total chaos ucas for like 1500 right now. 1800 with the reservoirs i believe. think the fox ones are also 1800 with the tc ucas might go with those. need to make a decision by thurs cause thats when im placing my order
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/39133
Old 12-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #8
Tacoma with the TRI package
TRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRICOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tri
TRICOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to TRICOMA Send a message via MSN to TRICOMA
Contact Sonny at Downsouth Motorsports. He can give you a better deal. He also ships for free I believe. He is a vendor her on TW.

Tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
these are some killer deals right here on resi CO's. be hard to finder them cheaper

ICON http://www.outlawoffroad.com/22267/7....0_V6_GAS.html

KING
http://www.outlawoffroad.com/22267/7....0_V6_GAS.html
Quote:
ya im ordering later this week from offroadwarehouse.com they have packages with the icon and total chaos ucas for like 1500 right now. 1800 with the reservoirs i believe. think the fox ones are also 1800 with the tc ucas might go with those. need to make a decision by thurs cause thats when im placing my order
http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/prod...roductID/39133
Old 12-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #10
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
Kings with resi's FTW...

that way, you can go wheeling with us in the desert... put them to use...

sadly i havent really taken my truck out and really run it. i want to. just honestly kind of scared of screwing something up. guess i just need to find someplace mellow to start out. any ideas
Old 12-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #11
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
sadly i havent really taken my truck out and really run it. i want to. just honestly kind of scared of screwing something up. guess i just need to find someplace mellow to start out. any ideas
i hear ya on that...

just dont go alone...

best way to go though is...

1. go with other rigs with some experience. in the event you do break something, you have the mechanical support of others to help you get out.

2. run with some folks who are chill and won't leave you behind once out there if you can't keep up.

3. don't be too nervous about trying it out. the older gen tacos are very capable and strong, just do it.

PM me for more tips and info...

you should cruise out to our december 18 weekend run in Barstow... you can park your truck at camp and jump in someone's truck... you can try your truck out too and have some fun...