LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Best 3 in lift or 6 in lift

Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
What will you be using it for? Will you be going offroad at all?
Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #3
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Most people on here go with the AAL with Bilstien 5100s in all corners for a 3" lift. And it relatively cheap with a great ride, Procomp or Fabtech are your best bets with a 6" lift
Old 12-06-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
rberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrberumen2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ralphie
rberumen2's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not going to be doin a lot of offroading. But I would like to get on the dirt every so often. How much is the AAL and billies altogether usually? And do you know howich the 6 in lifts usually go for? I heard that 3 in lifts are dangerous due to putting more stress on the joints and stuff. Just wondering if it's only on certain ones or all.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:14 PM   #5
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Talk to sonny at downsouth motorsports he can get you a good deal. And yes the best thing to do is to get new UCAs. And 6" lifts go for 1k or more
Old 12-06-2009, 09:27 PM   #6
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Prices include parts, tax and labor... Roughly looking at the following, to do a 6" right....

wheels tires $2,000 (this can vary)

Regear $1,200-$1500

basic 6" lift installed about $2,700 give or take

Kick ass coilovers to replace crappy basic kit spacer $1,500

Traction bars around $550. If you decide to have a custom leaf pack made will be in the same ballpark, maybe a little more.

rear shocks a few hundred, unless you use the ones that come with the basic kit.

Then you.....

Loose factory warranty on pretty much if not everything.

chop up the frame and no going back, unless you're a prerunner and use pro comp, I guess there is less frame cutting with Pro Comp but your warranty still goes bye bye.

These were reasons why I decided a 6" lift wasn't right for me LOL
Old 12-06-2009, 09:30 PM   #7
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
Prices include parts, tax and labor... Roughly looking at the following, to do a 6" right....

wheels tires $2,000 (this can vary)

Regear $1,200-$1500

basic 6" lift installed about $2,700 give or take

Kick ass coilovers to replace crappy basic kit spacer $1,500

Traction bars around $550. If you decide to have a custom leaf pack made will be in the same ballpark, maybe a little more.

rear shocks a few hundred, unless you use the ones that come with the basic kit.

Then you.....

Loose factory warranty on pretty much if not everything.

chop up the frame and no going back, unless you're a prerunner and use pro comp, I guess there is less frame cutting with Pro Comp but your warranty still goes bye bye.

These were reasons why I decided a 6" lift wasn't right for me LOL
or you can just hack it up even more and go SAS!
Old 12-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #8
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
or you can just hack it up even more and go SAS!
True. That would probablly be even better. At least with the 6" you can do it in stages not all money spent at once.
Old 12-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
JTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJTaco386 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Flight School
Name: JT
JTaco386's Tacoma Gallery
For 3" go with SAWs or the toytec ultimate kit. Make sure you change out your UCAs with some TCs or Camberg to keep your alignment within specs. Good luck!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #10
Abron Cabron
NewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedNewMexiTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/Paramedic; Ski Patrol; River Guide
Name: Abraham
NewMexiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So I have already purchased LR UCAs, (kinda cart before the horse, but i had to, or lose out on the group buy price) and I am now downsizing my ambitions from (from a full IVD package) to a more reasonable and affordable plan (5100s and AAL as mentioned above) so my question is:

Do i need the UCAs for just the (5100s+ AAL) lift setup, to help alignment, and if it is a good idea like I thought, then are other parts required... ie Spindles, dropdown brackets, bump stops, Etc..?
which would then make a package like a Toyotec Ultimate lift kit a better deal...(?)
Old 12-07-2009, 10:39 AM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMexiTaco View Post
So I have already purchased LR UCAs, (kinda cart before the horse, but i had to, or lose out on the group buy price) and I am now downsizing my ambitions from (from a full IVD package) to a more reasonable and affordable plan (5100s and AAL as mentioned above) so my question is:

Do i need the UCAs for just the (5100s+ AAL) lift setup, to help alignment, and if it is a good idea like I thought, then are other parts required... ie Spindles, dropdown brackets, bump stops, Etc..?
which would then make a package like a Toyotec Ultimate lift kit a better deal...(?)
yeah it good to have aftermarket UCAs. It will help with the ride and alignment down the road.
Spindles are for the 2WD and 2WD PreRunners. Dropdown brackets are for the 4WD. and the Bump stops can be recommended but not necessary.
Old 12-07-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
IB Slingin has a spectacular aura aboutIB Slingin has a spectacular aura aboutIB Slingin has a spectacular aura about
IB Slingin's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the Toytec 3" lift kit. OME 885 coils and AAL. Get some OME shocks or some 5100's from Sonny. I think this will give you the best bang for your buck!!
Old 12-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #14
hunter1111 is on a distinguished road
hunter1111's Tacoma Gallery
what about for a 4" lift? whats the best setup?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #15
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTaco386 View Post
For 3" go with SAWs or the toytec ultimate kit. Make sure you change out your UCAs with some TCs or Camberg to keep your alignment within specs. Good luck!
i would not go SAW.. quality wise they would be the suzuki of the car industry IMHO

i say if your gonna do CO's do Icon or King (or Fox)

i just know a few guys that have had HORRIBLE issues with SAW but then again theres guys who have had good experiences with em so idk i would try to stay away from the
Old 12-07-2009, 09:08 PM   #16
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1111 View Post
what about for a 4" lift? whats the best setup?
racecardynamics.com