LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Dangers of Lifting

Old 12-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #1
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Dangers of Lifting

Im getting a lift really really soon, and my Dad wants to know the dangers of getting a lift and the risks you take, im getting a 3inch lift, 5100s all around and rear AAL
Old 12-06-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
You risk being fucking awesome.

And you risk spending a ton more money on new rims, and trail armor, and new bumpers and a winch and lots of other stuff.

You can also put some stress on your CV joints (which your rig doesn't have) and other "stock" components (carrier bearing, rear leaf pack)- but if you use a reputable brand of lift and don't try to go higher than 3 inches without making some other arraingments (like spindles for you) then you will be fine. Stay away from blocks and spacers and you'll be fine.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:49 PM   #3
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post

And you risk spending a ton more money on new rims, and trail armor, and new bumpers and a winch and lots of other stuff.

You can also put some stress on your CV joints (which your rig doesn't have) and other "stock" components (carrier bearing, rear leaf pack)- but if you use a reputable brand of lift and don't try to go higher than 3 inches without making some other arraingments (like spindles for you) then you will be fine. Stay away from blocks and spacers and you'll be fine.
haha thanks for the tips

My brother somehow convinced my dad that i should get a spacer lift (long story) so i had to reconvince my Dad about getting new shocks, my brother is still getting a lift with rear blocks on his 02..oh well
Old 12-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
haha thanks for the tips

My brother somehow convinced my dad that i should get a spacer lift (long story) so i had to reconvince my Dad about getting new shocks, my brother is still getting a lift with rear blocks on his 02..oh well

send him over here to TW...we'll set him straight
Old 12-06-2009, 05:53 PM   #5
glennv is on a distinguished road
glennv's Tacoma Gallery
The longer wheelbase of the Tacoma helps a bit. Naturally a higher center of mass. My Wrangler has a 4" lift and rides nice but the short wheelbase makes me glad it's a third vehicle.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexForbesR6 View Post
send him over here to TW...we'll set him straight
hahaha he already is a member but never stops by to say hi. He'll learn so enough
Old 12-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #7
TacoBoss05 is on a distinguished road

Name: Julio
TacoBoss05's Tacoma Gallery
shoot talk about a hot truck, yours should surely be looking real good
Old 12-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoBoss05 View Post
shoot talk about a hot truck, yours should surely be looking real good
Thanks bro appreciate it!!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #9
R.A.M.F (Rad Ass Mutha Fu$ka)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hands Down the "BEST" Response I've ever heard to a Question on TW.

I totally AGREE!

Old 12-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #10
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
flipping due to a higher center of gravity
Old 12-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
You got this Colin!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 07:59 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
You got this Colin!!!
theres always that slight chance of my Dad saying no. but if all goes well tomorrow i should be ordering my lift tomorrow
Old 12-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #13
R.A.M.F (Rad Ass Mutha Fu$ka)
RAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Sir_Rad
RAD's Tacoma Gallery
Safest Bet. Get 5100's all around set the Front @ 2.5 & AAL in the Rear. You'll be golden!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrayzian View Post
Safest Bet. Get 5100's all around set the Front @ 2.5 & AAL in the Rear. You'll be golden!
thats exactly what i want

by the way is your truck a 4x4?
Old 12-06-2009, 08:13 PM   #15
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
theres always that slight chance of my Dad saying no. but if all goes well tomorrow i should be ordering my lift tomorrow
Well same way with my dad Get it from Sonny!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentsnh View Post
Well same way with my dad Get it from Sonny!!!
at downsouthmotorsports? I talked to Marco
Old 12-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #17
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
at downsouthmotorsports? I talked to Marco
yeah. Well really anyone you talk to is going to give you great info and great prices.