Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

suspension opinons

Old 12-07-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
Snowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jacob
Snowmang's Tacoma Gallery
suspension opinons

Ok this is my future suspension set up lemme no what you thinkk.

King bolt on front back with resivors

Total chaos UCA's

Camburg 4" spindles

ALLPRO leaf pack in the rear

new to suspenion so tell em if this is a good start or not.

Needa tell santa if it is
Old 12-07-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Nice choices, all are solid components but what do you plan on running in the rear?

Are you going to preload the Kings up front with the spindles so you have more than 4'' of lift or are you going to keep them set pretty low, like around 1"?

Maybe ask for a rear leaf pack to go along with it. Look up Allpro, Deaver, Dakar. Or you could go with an add a leaf.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:05 AM   #6
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
so good mang, go with a allpro leaf pack and kings in the rear. you will have a solid setup
Old 12-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
Snowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to beholdSnowmang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
so good mang, go with a allpro leaf pack and kings in the rear. you will have a solid setup
alright yeah i wasnt too sure on the rear but you guys got me sold on the ALLPRO leaf pack for sure.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:46 AM   #8

Quote:
woud i want the 1.5" or the 3"?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #9
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on how you want your truck to sit. Little higher in the front or back? If you crank the Kings up in front, for sure go with the 3'' All Pro Pack in my opinion.

For reference since you've seen mine: I have the 4'' Spindles with about 1.25'' of lift from my SAW coilovers and in the rear about 2'' of lift. My front is about 1'' higher up front.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #10
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like an excellent setup. I would leave the Kings at close to 0 lift (depending on just how much of a rake, or bro lift you want) and you will have one hell of a plush ride.

Go with the 3" leaf pack.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
Depends on how you want your truck to sit. Little higher in the front or back? If you crank the Kings up in front, for sure go with the 3'' All Pro Pack in my opinion.

For reference since you've seen mine: I have the 4'' Spindles with about 1.25'' of lift from my SAW coilovers and in the rear about 2'' of lift. My front is about 1'' higher up front.
yeah your truck looks gorgeous. So if i set mine a 1.25 i would want the 1.5 inch leaf springs? Cause i dont plan on crankin em all the way up but i do wanna fit 33's
Old 12-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #12
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmang View Post
Ok this is my future suspension set up lemme no what you thinkk.

King bolt on front back with resivors

Total chaos UCA's

Camburg 4" spindles

ALLPRO leaf pack in the rear

new to suspenion so tell em if this is a good start or not.

Needa tell santa if it is
solid set up right there. your gonna be more than happy with the ride and performance. be sure to get extended travel front CO's to get all the travel you can with the UCA's
Old 12-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #13
Mod'n on a Budget

1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowmang View Post
yeah your truck looks gorgeous. So if i set mine a 1.25 i would want the 1.5 inch leaf springs? Cause i dont plan on crankin em all the way up but i do wanna fit 33's

You will be able to fit the 33s/285s no problem. Trents has 285s with 2.5'' of lift. I don't rub up front but just for good measure I had my cab mount cut, I'm going to redo it because I don't like the weld job though. Have Trent show you next time your around. We are probably going to cut his too.

I don't think it's necessary to get new UCA's if you don't have the Kings cranked over 2'' but if you get Kings with extended travel get them. Even if you don't get the extended version, more power to you if you can score them for xmas.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #14
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea get that leaf pack... im regretting getting blocks... im gonna get that all pro leaf pack... not sure 1.5" or 3"....
Old 12-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
You will be able to fit the 33s/285s no problem. Trents has 285s with 2.5'' of lift. I don't rub up front but just for good measure I had my cab mount cut, I'm going to redo it because I don't like the weld job though. Have Trent show you next time your around. We are probably going to cut his too.

I don't think it's necessary to get new UCA's if you don't have the Kings cranked over 2'' but if you get Kings with extended travel get them. Even if you don't get the extended version, more power to you if you can score them for xmas.
ohh yeah i will for sure.. probably be tomorrow or so
Old 12-07-2009, 06:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkeller View Post
I got the 3" because I didn't like the way my tires rubbed my rear fenders when flexed. 3" will prevent that.
did you have the 1.5s before?
Old 12-07-2009, 07:16 PM   #19
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
thats almost exactly what i have lol.... im getting Camburg UCAs tho.. good choices....
why camburg ucas?