1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alignment and lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BirdTRD, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:24 AM
    BirdTRD

BirdTRD [OP] Unsuspectingly striking from above

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    This Saturday I installed the Eibach 1.6" springs, 5100's set at 0", and Toytec's top plate spacers for what should be a total of a hair under 2.5" lift.

At first, the lift was like 4.5" high. This morning it was down to about 3-3.5" high. What gives? Why is it taking so long to settle? I know I installed it right. Yes, the 5100 clips are at the setting closest to the lower bolt eyelet.

Today it's at the dealer for the rear leaf TSB. I doubt they'll be able to align it.:confused: Any advice?

2. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:28 AM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    how on earth did you get it to 4.5" lift...the travel is only 4" :confused:

with over 2.5 new uca's needed to get it into proper alignment specs. things settle after using them it doesnt just happen over night

3. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:32 AM
    BirdTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Front (2.75" total): 1.6" Eibach coils, Toytec 0.5" (L) & 0.25" (R) top plate spacers, 5100's @ 0.85", Built Right uniball UCA's, Differential drop, Removed sway bar Rear: TSB springs, Wheeler's 1.5" AAL, 5100's, 2* shims, Carrier bearing drop, F and R Spidertrax, 285/75-16 Goodyear Duratracs, Self-fabbed sliders, rear bumper, and skid plates, Cobra 75 CB, Bed lined slim lo-pro tool box, Bed Extender, Diff breather mod, Two tail gate security mods, Exhaust dumped behind axle, Can't leave shit alone so plenty more coming...
    The suspension had it pressed to the max of the down travel. Originally mid hub to fender was in the 20-20.25" range. Immediately following, it was pushing 25". Now it's down to about 23.5". There's no chance Toytec sent me the wrong springs is there. They look right. Initially I could jack up the truck by one LCA and the suspension wouldn't give. Now it bounces nicely but is still high as hell.

4. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:36 AM
    BirdTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    I did do a little frame twisting, and it helped, but had to keep it to a minimum because I had a CV boot clip come loose (Toyota just put the new one in like two weeks ago so they're fixing that today too.)

5. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:39 AM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    they are gonna fix your cv's even after the lift? did you take it in previously with the lift on it? did the dealership install the lift?

cause even non related suspension reasons i get the runaround cause of the lift. it takes alot of argueing for them to even check my doors for rattles....well after a lift things start to rattle therefore its gonna cost you for us to check *fkuc you guys! give them the finger as i drive off and do it myself haha

6. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    BirdTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Two weeks ago (pre-lift), I was in for an oil change and they noticed I had a torn CV boot. They ordered the part and changed it a few days later under warranty. When I took it apart to lift it this weekend, I noticed the big clip at the hub had come loose on the boot and it was flinging grease. Since it was coming in today anyway for both the TSB rear springs and the TSB tranny reflash, I just told them the truth and they said they'd fix it for me. They haven't called me this morning to complain yet...

7. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:47 AM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    thats very nice of them, i need to find a dealership thats nice to me! haha it might just be cause im a 20 and dont know anything :jerkoff:

8. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:50 AM
    BirdTRD

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yes, Webb Toyota in Farmington, NM is filled with excellent people that will go way out to make you happy. I'm lucky to have them in town. I rarely have anything nice to say about any business, much less an auto dealership.

9. Dec 8, 2009 at 9:53 AM
    08pretaco

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    haha how true. i went in for an oil change cause i got 3 free ones with my purchase..had the same oil filter when i left and when i went in (made a mark on it)

Products Discussed in

To Top