Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Alignment and lift

Old 12-08-2009, 09:24 AM   #1
Unsuspectingly striking from above
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Greg
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Alignment and lift

This Saturday I installed the Eibach 1.6" springs, 5100's set at 0", and Toytec's top plate spacers for what should be a total of a hair under 2.5" lift.

At first, the lift was like 4.5" high. This morning it was down to about 3-3.5" high. What gives? Why is it taking so long to settle? I know I installed it right. Yes, the 5100 clips are at the setting closest to the lower bolt eyelet.

Today it's at the dealer for the rear leaf TSB. I doubt they'll be able to align it. Any advice?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #2
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
how on earth did you get it to 4.5" lift...the travel is only 4"

with over 2.5 new uca's needed to get it into proper alignment specs. things settle after using them it doesnt just happen over night
Old 12-08-2009, 09:32 AM   #3
BirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedBirdTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The suspension had it pressed to the max of the down travel. Originally mid hub to fender was in the 20-20.25" range. Immediately following, it was pushing 25". Now it's down to about 23.5". There's no chance Toytec sent me the wrong springs is there. They look right. Initially I could jack up the truck by one LCA and the suspension wouldn't give. Now it bounces nicely but is still high as hell.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:36 AM   #4

Law Enforcement:
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
should of drivien it around on some bumpy roads and given those new springs some flexing to let them settle out
I did do a little frame twisting, and it helped, but had to keep it to a minimum because I had a CV boot clip come loose (Toyota just put the new one in like two weeks ago so they're fixing that today too.)
Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

they are gonna fix your cv's even after the lift? did you take it in previously with the lift on it? did the dealership install the lift?

cause even non related suspension reasons i get the runaround cause of the lift. it takes alot of argueing for them to even check my doors for rattles....well after a lift things start to rattle therefore its gonna cost you for us to check *fkuc you guys! give them the finger as i drive off and do it myself haha
Old 12-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #6

Law Enforcement:
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
they are gonna fix your cv's even after the lift? did you take it in previously with the lift on it? did the dealership install the lift?

cause even non related suspension reasons i get the runaround cause of the lift. it takes alot of argueing for them to even check my doors for rattles....well after a lift things start to rattle therefore its gonna cost you for us to check *fkuc you guys! give them the finger as i drive off and do it myself haha
Two weeks ago (pre-lift), I was in for an oil change and they noticed I had a torn CV boot. They ordered the part and changed it a few days later under warranty. When I took it apart to lift it this weekend, I noticed the big clip at the hub had come loose on the boot and it was flinging grease. Since it was coming in today anyway for both the TSB rear springs and the TSB tranny reflash, I just told them the truth and they said they'd fix it for me. They haven't called me this morning to complain yet...
Old 12-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #7
Almost there

thats very nice of them, i need to find a dealership thats nice to me! haha it might just be cause im a 20 and dont know anything
Old 12-08-2009, 09:50 AM   #8

Law Enforcement:
BirdTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, Webb Toyota in Farmington, NM is filled with excellent people that will go way out to make you happy. I'm lucky to have them in town. I rarely have anything nice to say about any business, much less an auto dealership.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #9
Almost there

haha how true. i went in for an oil change cause i got 3 free ones with my purchase..had the same oil filter when i left and when i went in (made a mark on it)