Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Sway Away Coilover Settings??

Old 12-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
Sway Away Coilover Settings??

I installed the SAW 2.5s on my truck, with 2.5" of thread showing on top (pic attached), but the damn thing sits lower than my truck with the 5100s set at 1.75. I am getting about 1.6-1.7" of lift total.

Shocks were rebuilt in April...Do I need to replace the springs?
Attached Thumbnails
Sway Away Coilover Settings??-co.jpg  
Old 12-08-2009, 11:46 AM   #2
woods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoods247 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

woods247's Tacoma Gallery
Call Sway-A-Way. My springs were defective and they shipped me new ones from Eibach. I cranked them like 3.5" on the driver side and 3" on the passenger and it continued to sag. BTW I was only trying to achieve 'leveling' with the rear so maybe 2.5" of lift. I was excited to mount them and forgot to measure. Currently they're set at 2.5" driver an 2" passenger with new springs.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
I didnt adjust mine at all when i put them on and I was at a full 3'' of lift. I would definantly contact sway-a-way
Old 12-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #4
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I did. They told me to crank them up another inch, haha. I guess the old style springs don't get as much lift as the newer eibach springs.

I do not feel like dealing with this, so I just bought a set of ICONs.

SWAY AWAY 2.5s for sale now.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylandercole View Post
So in one hour you made that decision? way to pull the trigger.
yup. I am an extremely impulsive buyer. I will definitely regret this later
Old 12-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
where can't I go?
AZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to beholdAZCOMA is a splendid one to behold

Name: Kacey
AZCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
I would have bought spindals instead of different shocks! My saw's are awsome and would be even better with lift spindals.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #8
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Its_Taco_Time View Post
yup. I am an extremely impulsive buyer. I will definitely regret this later
Dont talk like that. Im the same way (or I would be if I had money). You have to tell yourself its the best buy youve ever made. Convince yourself buddy!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:38 PM   #9
I just did! Thanks for your support.