LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

So really...will the new OME setups settle to less than 3" or not?

Old 12-08-2009, 06:49 PM   #1
Registered Chet-head
aggieshooter will become famous soon enoughaggieshooter will become famous soon enough
aggieshooter's Tacoma Gallery
So really...will the new OME setups settle to less than 3" or not?

OK, so I've done lots of reading and searching and I realize the sheer number of threads on OME vs. ToyTec, etc...and it seems like the general idea is that OME's newer springs don't settle the way the old ones did. What I'd like is to have real confirmation of this. I sure like the price better than the ToyTec and I understand they're both of similar quality, so it seems simple to go with the OME, but I refuse to shell out 700 bones for a lift that over time will be less than the full 3" I want. Can anybody who has had the OME for a while chime in? Thanks, y'all.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
All springs will settle in time. I have the OME 885's and have had them for about 2 years, and they are still at 3" lift.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
Registered Chet-head
aggieshooter will become famous soon enoughaggieshooter will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
All springs will settle in time. I have the OME 885's and have had them for about 2 years, and they are still at 3" lift.
Yeah, I realized that kinda sounded silly the way I worded it...sure, they all settle. I was just wanting to make sure they didn't have an inherent "settling problem" so to speak. Thanks for the reply bud
Old 12-08-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Chris, if the new OME springs get a full 3'' does that make the top plate spaces obsolete?
Old 12-08-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrande View Post
Chris, if the new OME springs get a full 3'' does that make the top plate spaces obsolete?
Yes. Im not running the top plate spacer, and have 3" over my stock height. I dont think they are a bad thing to have on hand Just in case they sag.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:16 PM   #6
Registered Chet-head
I thought the top plate spacers were what gave the full 3"..?

So what exactly will I need to do to get a full 3" of lift with the back and front level? I don't want the back higher than the front. Does the AAL only lift it enough in the back to level it with the 3" in front or does it sit just like it does stock, only 3 inches higher?
Old 12-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieshooter View Post
I thought the top plate spacers were what gave the full 3"..?

So what exactly will I need to do to get a full 3" of lift with the back and front level? I don't want the back higher than the front. Does the AAL only lift it enough in the back to level it with the 3" in front or does it sit just like it does stock, only 3 inches higher?
Usually, you can get a 1.5" or 2" AAL. That used with a 3" lift will get the truck close to level.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:11 PM   #8
hunter1111 is on a distinguished road
hunter1111's Tacoma Gallery
A am getting very close to buying a 3in lift for my truck as well. I have a 2010 trd doublecab..... Ive been finding pics of other tacos on here that i like, the one thing im a little confused with is what the tsb springpack is? Im sure this is a stupid question but im new.....take it easy on me.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter1111 View Post
A am getting very close to buying a 3in lift for my truck as well. I have a 2010 trd doublecab..... Ive been finding pics of other tacos on here that i like, the one thing im a little confused with is what the tsb springpack is? Im sure this is a stupid question but im new.....take it easy on me.
The "TSB Leafpack" is a replacement 4 leaf spring pack, that replaces the 3 leaf OEM spring pack. Many people have had their truck bottom out when hauling a small load with the 3 leaf pack.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:37 AM   #10
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Chris, when I get the kit installed should I have them install the top plate placer?
Old 12-09-2009, 05:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Chris, when I get the kit installed should I have them install the top plate placer?
Install the longer studs, but leave the top spacer off. That way, IF they sag, you can just add them your self. And if they dont, your good.
Old 12-10-2009, 05:48 PM   #12
iKill
mgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgrande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT (ret.), 0311, 1st Battalion 6th Marines
mgrande's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmer View Post
I just wanted to add the harder you work the front springs the more likely they will relax somewhat. fwiw you'll come to really appreciate your decision to purchase and Install high quality suspension components. In fact you may like them better after they have relaxed a wee bit.
After about 7 months in helmand, the coils on my buddies gun truck were completley flat. No space between them at all. But those trucks were run ragged