Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

taco lean in the rear...

Old 12-09-2009, 02:08 AM   #1
HOSS454 is on a distinguished road
HOSS454's Tacoma Gallery
taco lean in the rear...

so i have had the rear tsb done for some time now and noticed that my passenger sits higher than the driver side. i measured it and it came out to be almost an inch higher on the passenger side. i know there is a gas tank on the driver side but does anyone else have that problem?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
wmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant futurewmflyfisher has a brilliant future

Name: Wes
wmflyfisher's Tacoma Gallery
It is most definitely the rear springs. Delt with this on my 01 and now my 05. I just ordered a 1/4" shim that I plan on adding to the rear drivers side spring pack using the center pin bolt. You can have them made any size and thickness here.

www.4crawler.com

I'm hoping that my 1.5" AAL will make up for the other 1/4 or 1/2 inch once installed.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
You can have a local spring shop add more arch to the driver side to eliminate the lean.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #6
atmotocrosser is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
atmotocrosser's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbolas View Post
This truck only has 300 miles on it. i could do a lot of things but why should i?..i just dropped 30 g on this bad boy. Now what we have to do is call Toyota and complain so they put out a tsb up to the 2010's. Oh and the weathertechs....i just sent them an email cause they need to be trimmed on the back by the center console, the seat hits them when i slide them back..also the stickers fell right off.

My local dealer didn't give me any problems when I asked for the rear spring TSB to be done on my 2010. Try a different dealer or talk with a service manager and good luck.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
this is normal

you, the battery and the gas tank are on the left side

watch, if your tank is almost empty, the taco lean should be less

BTW the left leaf IS arched more to help compensate for the extra weight.

the middle leaf is the left side 4x4/pre runner leaf

the left one is your right one

the one on the right is my stock 5 lug leaf....
Old 12-17-2009, 03:16 AM   #8
ikataco is on a distinguished road
ikataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedlesbrmstkbass View Post
this is normal

you, the battery and the gas tank are on the left side

watch, if your tank is almost empty, the taco lean should be less

BTW the left leaf IS arched more to help compensate for the extra weight.
This is true.

Checkout my photos of the TSB springs.

Left hand/Drivers
<p>
Right Hand/ passenger
Old 12-17-2009, 11:19 AM   #9
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
hmmm interesting hey silverback lemme know how your fix works out i've developed a lean after installing my dakars
Old 02-15-2010, 08:48 PM   #10
cspiker23 is on a distinguished road
cspiker23's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed this "lean" in my truck too.. but really i measured at the leaves to the ground on both sides and the springs were even on each side but for some reason the drivers side was still lower in the back.. I also noticed though that there was about a 1/4" larger gap between the cab and bed on the drivers side compared to the passenger side... I just bought a bunch of washers from the local hardware store and loosened each bed bolt on the drivers side and placed 1/4" worth of washers on the bolt at the very back of the bed then less and less further up... This cleared up my taco lean..