LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Estimate on a lift install?

View Poll Results: Your guess on a 3" OME kit install?
300-500 25 48.08%
500-700 13 25.00%
700-1,000+ 12 23.08%
more then u can afford big boy! 2 3.85%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #1
Just Got Engaged!
VenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant future
Air Force: A1C ,366th Security Forces
Name: John
VenomTaco88's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to VenomTaco88 Send a message via Skype™ to VenomTaco88
Exclamation Estimate on a lift install?

Just trying to guess about how much i would end up needing to save for a total lift. I see the lift i want is 699.99(OME 3" lift) then im not sure whether i need UCA's or what else is needed but my guess is installing would run about 500 bucks let me know if im close or your best quess.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #2
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
probably around a grand overall. i run 3.5 inch coilovers. i didnt get ucas. i prob SHOULD but dont really have to.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:27 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkhi View Post
probably around a grand overall. i run 3.5 inch coilovers. i didnt get ucas. i prob SHOULD but dont really have to.
3.5 on just coilovers woah. is your truck driving itself
Old 12-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #4
Just Got Engaged!
VenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant futureVenomTaco88 has a brilliant future
Air Force: A1C ,366th Security Forces
Name: John
VenomTaco88's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to VenomTaco88 Send a message via Skype™ to VenomTaco88
Quote:
So i dont need the UCA's then what is the big deal about them i obvisiously dont know all that much about this stuff but am learnign quickly and would u suggest i got with the toytec ulti instead of the OME lift?
Old 12-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #5
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
3.5 on just coilovers woah. is your truck driving itself

not sure what your saying ?

but my truck edition came with 5100's if u were talking about shocks.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #6
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomTaco88 View Post
So i dont need the UCA's then what is the big deal about them i obvisiously dont know all that much about this stuff but am learnign quickly and would u suggest i got with the toytec ulti instead of the OME lift?
ya toytec would obviously be better. but depends on how much ur going to use ur truck.

to be honest i dont know much about UCA'S either. replacing them would probably would probably be better for the trucks wear and tear im assuming. but i havent had any problems so far.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #7
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ce-thread.html

should find something there.

if not 300 and i wouldnt pay more than that persoanlly. thats how much i was quoted for my 3" without shock replacement in the back
Old 12-09-2009, 07:01 PM   #8
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ true my apologiez for forgetting my quote didnt have the rear shocks. +1
Old 12-09-2009, 07:24 PM   #9
Almost there

id like to know where people are getting the 700-1000 estimates from??
Old 12-09-2009, 07:26 PM   #10
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
well he quoted 700 and install is anywhere from 100-300 depending on the shop.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:27 PM   #11
Almost there

oh i thought the op was just asking about the cost for getting lift installed
Old 12-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
oh i read this

Just trying to guess about how much i would end up needing to save for a total lift.

but yea install would be 100-300 unless u get shocks i think. that might be more.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:44 PM   #13
Almost there

ya i read the estimate on a lift install...then skimmed to see ome kit and then judged without reading the whole thing oops

well no oops lol to me it seems like he knows the kits 700 then he is asking for install price. to me thats what it seems like at least
Old 12-09-2009, 08:57 PM   #14
Tacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant future

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
I did my OME lift myself and it was pretty basic. I picked up a pair of spring compressors for 15 bucks at a local used tool store. It took about 4-5 hours to do the job. I did everything myself besides installing the assembled coils/shocks back on the truck.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
Almost there

autozone rents springs compressors and torque wrenches...im attempting to assemble my struts right now haha
Old 12-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #16
Somewhere on sabbatical
mountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shedmountainwolfpup is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mountainwolfpup's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Yahoo to mountainwolfpup Send a message via Skype™ to mountainwolfpup
Are you crazy? Pay for a lift install.

I agree with Tacoma831 completely. I did my own OME lift earlier this year and it took me 1 day. I'd do yours with you if you lived near me.. it's really pretty easy if you don't mind getting dirty.

You just need basic tools (you could buy those at Sears - all the tools you'd need for under $100) Also, I'd recommend having the front shocks and springs pre-assembled for you because that does require a press. I got my OME setup at Wheelers and they did it pretty reasonably for me.. they even popped in the 5mm spacer for the drivers side.

So anyway, if you don't want to do it yourself that's cool. But don't get soaked paying someone to do it. I'd say $300 - $500 sounds fair for a shop to do it.

Suggestion for you: Try this. Go down to a local community college where they teach automotive. Ask them how much to have the students do the work. I'll bet they could hook you up with some needy students that love doing that sort of work and would appreciate a crisp $100 bill for their labor.

Hey, I'm speaking from experience. I work at a community college and there really are some great guys in the auto program.. some of ours started working on peoples cars for free, they call themselves "Gods Garage" and help out down and out folks that need a little auto work.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:22 PM   #17
Almost there

how much do you think 20 ft/lbs is? compare it to something everyday for me please
Old 12-09-2009, 09:29 PM   #18
Tacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant futureTacoma831 has a brilliant future

Tacoma831's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
how much do you think 20 ft/lbs is? compare it to something everyday for me please
A torque wrench is something useful to have around, I would recommend investing in one. I make good use of mine.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #19
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
not sure what your saying ?

but my truck edition came with 5100's if u were talking about shocks.
oh no i was talking about getting the alignment without new ucas
Old 12-09-2009, 09:35 PM   #20
Almost there

ya thats great and all but the torque wrench doesnt go over my pliers while im holding the shock absorber rod..