Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

am I getting ripped off on installation?

Old 12-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
am I getting ripped off on installation?

I went to the local offroad store to order my lift. my desired lift was 4 bilstein 5100s with rear AAL, talked to the guy, everyone is out of them. So he suggested a spacer lift. I did not want a spacer lift, but this guy made it seem convincing to get a spacer lift...He said the shocks i have now are 5100's just not adjustable and he said since they are gas shocks they can handle spacers...blah blah blah. He said 95% of tacoma owners that get lifts there get spacer lifts. So i did not want to wait till i move to Texas so i went ahead and got a spacer lift...by REVTEK. They are also doing a diff drop. and it will be installed next tuesday. they are charging 861 with parts installation and re alignment.. AM I GETTING JACKED HERE?
ANother reason why i went with a spacer lift is because i didnt see a point in replacing shocks that you have to pay extra for to come with the truck...so yeah. INPUT IS WELCOMED!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
yup you getting jacked, tacomas don't come with non adjustable 5100's. get your money back and wait. keep an eye out for people selling in the sell section. my .002
Old 12-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #3
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
personally sounds like a huge jack off! 861!!

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...W43b3f85c7ab9e

^ that has a block idk what you got...

with that at 340 he is charging you at least 75ish for alignment then he is charging you close to 450 for install! dif drop is what 60 from toytec puts you then at 390 for install.

why not wait and get like a ome 3" from toytec with the aal rear for 300, then go to another shop for 300 install with the alignment
Old 12-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wait till you move and get it done right or if your in a hurry buy someplace else and go to another shop
Old 12-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Why haven't you called us?
Old 12-09-2009, 05:50 PM   #6
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Why haven't you called us?
Do u guys have the 5100s????
Old 12-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #7
Almost there

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ce-thread.html

this should help with pricing!

and wheelers dont wanna be rude or anything but op downsouth for both 5100 front and rear its what like 275! nvm temp outta stock
Old 12-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
yup you getting jacked, tacomas don't come with non adjustable 5100's. get your money back and wait. keep an eye out for people selling in the sell section. my .002
Oh man....i should not have rushed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
personally sounds like a huge jack off! 861!!

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/de...85c7ab9e&gan=1

^ that has a block idk what you got...

with that at 340 he is charging you at least 75ish for alignment then he is charging you close to 450 for install! dif drop is what 60 from toytec puts you then at 390 for install.

why not wait and get like a ome 3" from toytec with the aal rear for 300, then go to another shop for 300 install with the alignment
That sounds like a better idea
Old 12-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #9
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06BLUEDBLSPORT View Post
I have 7 sets.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #10
Quote:

and wheelers dont wanna be rude or anything but op downsouth for both 5100 front and rear its what like 275!
I checked them out but they are all out
Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #11
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:

and wheelers dont wanna be rude or anything but op downsouth for both 5100 front and rear its what like 275!

downsouth is sold out for awile, bilstein is making them, so if he has them and op wants them it will still be cheaper than that crappy spacer lift.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #12
Quote:
I checked them out but they are all out
can you go and get your money back
Old 12-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotadan View Post
i have 7 sets.
how much!!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:54 PM   #14
Quote:
can you go and get your money back
i put a down payment of some sort, im sure i can back out
Old 12-09-2009, 05:57 PM   #15
Almost there

Quote:
downsouth is sold out for awile, bilstein is making them, so if he has them and op wants them it will still be cheaper than that crappy spacer lift.
ya after the inital comment i went and looked and edited my post. your 100% right about it being better than spacer lift
Old 12-09-2009, 05:58 PM   #16
Dan

YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/05uptacoadjbils.htm

Can ship them out tomorrow.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:59 PM   #17
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Quote:
I have 5100s front and rear Colin, but in the back I have a spacer lift. It doesn't seem too bad, I haven't noticed it being any rougher than stock. But 861 is crazy! My stuff total was 400? That's with a spacer lift, and the 5100s. We did installation ourselves. But the local shop here was only charging like 150 bucks or so for intsallation. Yea I think you're getting jacked there bud.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:06 PM   #18
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
diff drop is for 4WD only. no sense for us PreRunners and $861 is a HUGE rip off. Get your miney back.... NOW!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #19
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
861 would buy you a nice kit, then wait a little and get it installed properly. Maybe where you are moving other members would be willing to help you out?
Old 12-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaDan View Post
Sweet. I just talked to my Dad and he told me to just stick with my spacer lift. But I appreciate you jumping in and alerting me of your products. If i wanna convert to 5100s i will give you a shout
Quote:
Originally Posted by wareagle5693 View Post
I have 5100s front and rear Colin, but in the back I have a spacer lift. It doesn't seem too bad, I haven't noticed it being any rougher than stock. But 861 is crazy! My stuff total was 400? That's with a spacer lift, and the 5100s. We did installation ourselves. But the local shop here was only charging like 150 bucks or so for intsallation. Yea I think you're getting jacked there bud.
Hopefully since i have the upgraded shocks the ride quality wont change