Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Have you developed VIBES or Humm/Buzz Since Lifting?

View Poll Results: Have you developed VIBES or Humm/Buzz Since Lifting?
I've never had any vibrations since lifting. 113 26.53%
Yes I have the vibrations since lifting. 274 64.32%
Had the vibrations but fixed them (please post to explain) 21 4.93%
Yes I had the vibrations, but even before I lifted. 18 4.23%
Voters: 426. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #21
tarandus is a jewel in the roughtarandus is a jewel in the roughtarandus is a jewel in the roughtarandus is a jewel in the rough

tarandus's Tacoma Gallery
I think I feel them in the seat. I leveled my Taco with an OME 886 strut kit, and also put a 1" block in the back. The previous owner had either replaced the springs or added one, so I have 3 springs in the back too. I had the dealership install the struts, and took it back to see if alignment etc. might do away with the vibes. They realigned it, and ended up taking out the driveshaft and driving it in 4wd to see if that helped. the vibes went away without the driveshaft. So, methinks the carrier bearing drop might do the trick. Thoughts?
Old 12-18-2009, 10:32 AM   #22
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
The carrier bearing drop might take care of your vibes, it didn't help mine any I had to get a 1 piece driveshaft made up.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:18 AM   #23
tarandus is a jewel in the roughtarandus is a jewel in the roughtarandus is a jewel in the roughtarandus is a jewel in the rough

tarandus's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of lift or mods did you do to create the vibration?
Old 12-18-2009, 01:40 PM   #24
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
i feel alot of vib in my seat
I am trying to remember, I think the CB drop made the seat vibe go away. I had that one to start too. It's in the rear whatever it is.. load some stuff in the bed to see if it goes away to test it.
Old 12-19-2009, 11:44 AM   #25
sonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nicesonjay is just really nice

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarandus View Post
What kind of lift or mods did you do to create the vibration?
I have a full OME lift, 885 front and dakar springs in the rear.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:08 AM   #26
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjay View Post
I have a full OME lift, 885 front and dakar springs in the rear.
Too much lift in the back.. What is the measurement from the ground to the Fender? Just Curious.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:46 AM   #27
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
I did a carrier bearing spacer to see if it would change the driveline angle for the very slight vibration starting off the line.
From past experience I have a basic understanding of what the angles should be.
I place a 1/4" spacer between the frame and the bearing housing.
I could not tell a bit of difference.
But, I was amazed at the amount of flex in the rubber holding the bearing. I could push the driveshaft up and down at least 1/4-1/2 inch up and down.
This seems to me like it would cause this vibration.

I watched the gentlemans video of the driveline U-joint problem and the carrier bearing looked like it was rock solid?

What have you guys noticed with the bearing housing does it move like mine?
Old 12-26-2009, 06:11 PM   #28
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
these are my vibs and none of it happens in the steering wheel all of it is in the truck

Old 12-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #29
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So I fixed all my vibs the other day...took off my ome and put ont spindles and new coilovers and the fronts a little higher and absolutely no vibs at all! So happy
Old 01-05-2010, 08:09 AM   #31
magneticnick has a spectacular aura aboutmagneticnick has a spectacular aura about

Name: Nick
magneticnick's Tacoma Gallery
I just fixed my driveline vibration this weekend with a small homemade carrier bearing drop kit. I have ToyTech ultimate C/O's in the front and nothing in the rear. I had vibrations btwn 15 and 25 mph.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:59 PM   #32

sonjay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OH-MAN View Post
I did a carrier bearing spacer to see if it would change the driveline angle for the very slight vibration starting off the line.
From past experience I have a basic understanding of what the angles should be.
I place a 1/4" spacer between the frame and the bearing housing.
I could not tell a bit of difference.
But, I was amazed at the amount of flex in the rubber holding the bearing. I could push the driveshaft up and down at least 1/4-1/2 inch up and down.
This seems to me like it would cause this vibration.

I watched the gentlemans video of the driveline U-joint problem and the carrier bearing looked like it was rock solid?

What have you guys noticed with the bearing housing does it move like mine?
I had a ton of movement at the carrier bearing. There is a lot of movement in the auto- transmission mount as-well, at least on my truck. Its very soft, when you take off and when it shifts, it really shakes around under-there. We have a hoist and can run the truck at ride height, really helped finding that problem. I went to a 1 piece and it fixed all that. However I still have vibes on the front-end and haven't been able to get out to find it.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #33
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
One of the buzzes I get is the one when I am able to get out and use it!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:53 PM   #34
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
x2
Old 01-15-2010, 11:19 PM   #35
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
sonjay, I have spent many hours reading many threads on issues such as the one you reported. Your problem is unique to 4x4 tacos and has been around for a long time. There exists a very long thread at TN dating back to 2007 detailing the problem and solution.I believe your left front axle and or front diff is the problem. It has been said that the lift does not cause the problem, but somehow amplifies existing conditions to cause excess wear on the left front axle. The solution for many is to replace the axle and front diff.Please refer to this thread and read it throughly. You'll find your solution there. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/56236-front-end-growling-noise.html Hopefully this helps.
Old 01-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #36
Bearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBearskill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Bunch-O-Bullshit
Bearskill's Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my truck it had a toytec (2") pre TSB AAL in the rear. Had no vibe at all. But recently I replaced the AAL with a pair of OME Dakar springs (2.75")and also put the recomended carrier bearing drop kit. Now I have a very slight vibe. From a dead stop, accelerating through the 1500 rpm range, and the same on decell. Not to concerned with it though. I am planing on getting a one piece DS anyways.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #37
Almost there

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
What?!

Now I got a vibration that happens intermitantly at freeway speeds damnit thought I got rideof it. Its a steering wheel vib and alignment and wheel balancing don't cure it, re balancing the wheels does nothing...it really sucks and I'm clueless as to what it is
Old 02-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #38
Happy Camper

Quote:
What?!

Now I got a vibration that happens intermitantly at freeway speeds damnit thought I got rideof it. Its a steering wheel vib and alignment and wheel balancing don't cure it, re balancing the wheels does nothing...it really sucks and I'm clueless as to what it is
was it "road force" balanced or did they use that little finger plate to mount it on the machine?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:53 PM   #39
Almost there

With as many times I took it in and complained I think they did the road force but not actually positive. Think ill take it in and try it again asking for a road force. These tires haven't been the easiest to balance and its a hit or miss. Thanks hopefully that works out
Old 02-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #40
Happy Camper

Quote:
With as many times I took it in and complained I think they did the road force but not actually positive. Think ill take it in and try it again asking for a road force. These tires haven't been the easiest to balance and its a hit or miss. Thanks hopefully that works out
Good luck! I forgot to ask.. have you done a lift or any suspension changes recently before the Vibe? EDIT- just read your previous posts.. Watching that video makes me wonder about the tires! wow..

Products Discussed in this Thread