Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Have you developed VIBES or Humm/Buzz Since Lifting?

View Poll Results: Have you developed VIBES or Humm/Buzz Since Lifting?
I've never had any vibrations since lifting. 113 26.71%
Yes I have the vibrations since lifting. 272 64.30%
Had the vibrations but fixed them (please post to explain) 21 4.96%
Yes I had the vibrations, but even before I lifted. 17 4.02%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2010, 08:16 PM   #41
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
well that video was before i changed my front end suspension. now i dont have the body shake as much if ever, it all transfered to the steering wheel
Old 02-05-2010, 09:20 AM   #42
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SamSter0077's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
well that video was before i changed my front end suspension. now i dont have the body shake as much if ever, it all transfered to the steering wheel
for me, vibes in the steering wheel was Tire Balance related.. and yeah.. i took it several places before someone finally balanced it right. Also, the height of the lift in front played a part as well... I had 4" of lift, and it was too much. Good Balance, and going back down to 3" ish lift in front did the trick.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:25 PM   #43
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSter0077 View Post
for me, vibes in the steering wheel was Tire Balance related.. and yeah.. i took it several places before someone finally balanced it right. Also, the height of the lift in front played a part as well... I had 4" of lift, and it was too much. Good Balance, and going back down to 3" ish lift in front did the trick.
too bad i can't chop an inch off my spindles

if you used coilovers and got 4" you definitely went with too much lift. i got a road force balance and most of the vibs went away and when the truck tracks right and i try to keep it straight is when my vibs happen the most, so i'm leaning towards it being an alignment problem which i will have them check it out soon.
Old 02-08-2010, 05:23 AM   #44
jshaw is on a distinguished road
Army: Desert Storm Veteran
Name: Jeff
jshaw's Tacoma Gallery
After installing 5100's and an add a leaf in the rear, I had a vibration between 25 and 45 mph. Dealer replaced front diff and LF axle. Nothing was said about the lift. Vibes are gone for now but scared they will come back.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:38 PM   #45
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
Some vibes lately (6" lift), just got the LR UCA's. Hoping that helps out the problem. If not was thinking front drivers side bearing because on last tire rotate it didnt feel right.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #46
Fmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud ofFmsvandal has much to be proud of

Name: David
Fmsvandal's Tacoma Gallery
Seems like my vibs/rubbing feeling is only really when i turn. I have the OME 3" with LR UCA's and BFG KO's. Is this due to the tires or could it be something else....? I know its not tires rubbing on anything cause ive already cut away everything.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #47
cdn_bacon has a spectacular aura aboutcdn_bacon has a spectacular aura aboutcdn_bacon has a spectacular aura about

Name: Christopher
cdn_bacon's Tacoma Gallery
I just put my 3" lift on this weekend (thanks for the help Sam), and I've noticed some shake in the steering wheel. Mostly between 55-70. It just seems like it I can feel every shake and grove on the road. Idea's? Sam, I might get you to take my Taco for a spin this week .... I got a diff drop and carrier drop kit at the house...
Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #48
scrapedface is a name known to allscrapedface is a name known to allscrapedface is a name known to allscrapedface is a name known to allscrapedface is a name known to allscrapedface is a name known to all
Coast Guard: ME
scrapedface's Tacoma Gallery
i only get vibes when i let off the gas pedal going 50+ mph. its worse when im in 4wd. i got the toytec ultimate.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:41 AM   #49
cdn_bacon has a spectacular aura aboutcdn_bacon has a spectacular aura aboutcdn_bacon has a spectacular aura about

Name: Christopher
cdn_bacon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapedface View Post
i only get vibes when i let off the gas pedal going 50+ mph. its worse when im in 4wd. i got the toytec ultimate.

I had the same problem although I just got my alignment done again and had them crank up the castor ...vib is considerably less now.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #50
Tundra FTMFW
csuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shedcsuviper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
csuviper's Tacoma Gallery
GO GET YOUR TIRES/WHEELS BALANCED!!! I got mine balanced and wow, what a huge difference. The majority of the vibes are gone and the steering wheel doesn't shake.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:32 AM   #51
Happy Camper
SamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSamSter0077 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdn_bacon View Post
I just put my 3" lift on this weekend (thanks for the help Sam), and I've noticed some shake in the steering wheel. Mostly between 55-70. It just seems like it I can feel every shake and grove on the road. Idea's? Sam, I might get you to take my Taco for a spin this week .... I got a diff drop and carrier drop kit at the house...
are you still having this problem? we can look at it tonight..

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuviper View Post
GO GET YOUR TIRES/WHEELS BALANCED!!! I got mine balanced and wow, what a huge difference. The majority of the vibes are gone and the steering wheel doesn't shake.
The important thing is to get them Balanced correctly! just cause the machine shows it right, does not mean it is right. Some rims require a different type of balance.. road force balancing is the only way to be 100% sure. FWIW
Old 02-22-2010, 01:24 PM   #52
Happy Camper

New Vibe.. Gas Pedal.. when 60 or up, hit the gas feel a vibe in the pedal let off the gas and it goes away. I am thinking it's the ujoints or the input angle on the differential. ordered some Shims today for the diff.. wish me luck.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:21 AM   #53
Happy Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamSter0077 View Post
New Vibe.. Gas Pedal.. when 60 or up, hit the gas feel a vibe in the pedal let off the gas and it goes away. I am thinking it's the ujoints or the input angle on the differential. ordered some Shims today for the diff.. wish me luck.
FYI.. lubed the Driveline two days ago.. gas pedal vibe is gone. 12,500 miles on the truck.. some in the sand, mud, and water..
Old 03-12-2010, 02:54 PM   #54
yodaman will become famous soon enough
Marines: Infantry Sergeant
yodaman's Tacoma Gallery
Vibes at 20 and 40 mph. Vibration in gas pedal at 70mph. Put on a home made carrier bearing drop. Vibes at 20 went away. At 40 they are still present. Noise goes away in 4x4.

Skyjacker installed.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #55
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
no vibes w/ mine. 5100 and ebiach coils with TSB,
Old 03-18-2010, 09:04 PM   #56
aspen432 is on a distinguished road
aspen432's Tacoma Gallery
I've got 5100's (set at 0) up front with Eibach Coils for a total of 1.6"of lift and then a ToyTec 1.5" AAL in the back. Steering wheel vibrates above 30 mph pretty consistently. I'm thinking of doing the carrier bearing drop to see if that helps. Does that make any sense for such a minimal lift ~1.5"?

P.S. I've had my tires balanced and my alignment checked 3 separate times already although I don't think they've been road force balanced. I have 265/70/17 BFG AT KO's. Maybe I should look into a road force balancing?
Old 03-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #57
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

Name: JW
jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
I have a slight vibration off the line from 0-10mph after having AAL and 5100's set at 1.75 installed...
Old 03-19-2010, 03:34 PM   #58
kd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shedkd8awe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rocky
kd8awe's Tacoma Gallery
I just finished installing 1/4 CB shims and the vibation is now gone. Last fall I installed a 3 inch lift with AAL in the rear. Vibration started a few months later. I have to do my wrenching in the driveway so I had to wait till now to shim the CB.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #59
scrapedface is a name known to allscrapedface is a name known to allscrapedface is a name known to allscrapedface is a name known to allscrapedface is a name known to allscrapedface is a name known to all
i fixed my vibes. the front vibes were caused by the 1" diff drop. once i removed it my 4wd vibes were gone. then i removed the 2"AAL and shims in the back and the rear vibes were gone. now its not lifted in the back. more like a leveling kit now. but better than having vibes that will one day cause my drive shaft and other stuff to fail.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:18 PM   #60
I know for a fact the diff drop caused vibes up front for me and i got vibes in rear from The drive shaft angle. Shims did not help at all.

Products Discussed in this Thread