Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Have you developed VIBES or Humm/Buzz Since Lifting?

View Poll Results: Have you developed VIBES or Humm/Buzz Since Lifting?
I've never had any vibrations since lifting. 113 26.59%
Yes I have the vibrations since lifting. 273 64.24%
Had the vibrations but fixed them (please post to explain) 21 4.94%
Yes I had the vibrations, but even before I lifted. 18 4.24%
Voters: 425. You may not vote on this poll

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 04:32 AM   #141
K1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shedK1992f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kanon
K1992f's Tacoma Gallery
I got a vib at 25 mpr and 60 mpr diff in my drive shaft only thing I here to help is moving it up and down by shimming didn't try it yet ?
Old 03-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #142
Sgtfluffy16 is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
Sgtfluffy16's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Sgtfluffy16
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1992f View Post
I got a vib at 25 mpr and 60 mpr diff in my drive shaft only thing I here to help is moving it up and down by shimming didn't try it yet ?

hahha I have about that VERY SAME speeds do I have a slight vibration..but I have done that shims and different carrier bearing spacers and drops and even did pinion angle shims.. nothing helped I actually JUST dropped off my driveshaft today. I had a 1 piece made hoping it would fix my issue (my carrier bearing was bad to begin with) now my driveshaft shop is re doing my driveshaft again.. back to a 2 piece and doing a different/stronger carrier bearing.. we will see what happens by the end of the week
Old 03-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #143
dcurtis is on a distinguished road
Name: Don
dcurtis's Tacoma Gallery
I installed eibach springs and 5100's on all 4 corners. Set the 5100 to .85 with a 1/4 spacer on the drivers side only. I have ordered firestone ride rite air bags for the back but haven't put them in yet. I have a vibration from 25-40 mph. Nothing too bad, but I can feel it in the gas pedal like others have stated. I didn't change anything other than the front at this point.

I'm guessing from reading this that I have a diff bearing going out. I really don't want to tear the whole front end apart again right now. I think I'm going to live with for a while.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #144
Sgtfluffy16 is on a distinguished road

Name: Corey
Sgtfluffy16's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Sgtfluffy16
wellp new 2 peice driveshaft is back on and this time using a new different style Spicer carrier bearing all feels good at all speeds cept the 25-30 slight vibration especially when decelerating without the brake
Old 03-17-2013, 06:58 AM   #145
I am the one who knocks!
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed some after I lifted, but only experience it when I crest a sharp hill going at a higher speed. As the truck begins to lift while I'm going over the hill I will feel a slight vibration.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:07 AM   #146
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
When you guys say vibes, I'm not sure I have the same problem. Anyone care to help. When I take off from start, I get a huge vibe like sound similar to as if my exhaust is lose and hitting something. It's pretty loud and didn't happen until about 4 months after my 1.5 AAL was installed. Is this the same sort of sound you guys have? What's the consensus on a fix?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #147
Must pay wife for safe passage
mudpuppet is a glorious beacon of lightmudpuppet is a glorious beacon of lightmudpuppet is a glorious beacon of lightmudpuppet is a glorious beacon of lightmudpuppet is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Mark
Location: Somewhere between where Arizona blows and Texas sucks!
mudpuppet's Tacoma Gallery
No Vibes after installation of lift, however I have a humming noise after about 40mph similar to reving the engine while in neutral if you know what I mean.
I installed a Toytec 3" Ultimate with Dakars and LR UCA's.

1.) Installed 3 degrees Rear axle shims
2.) Diff Drop
3.) 7/8" Carrier bearing drop to really get the drivelines straight.

Lastly, I had an alignment and wheel balancing as well.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #148
bama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shedbama trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
bama trd's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd ...5100's (Downsouth Motorsports) all around with 2" rear blocks. Front came set at highest level , I left it there . Truck looks GREAT , just slight vibrations at low speed take off and slowing . Also feels loose when driving in 5th gear, not as tight as factory. About to start with the Carrier Bearing 1/4- 1/2" drop with washers and go from there.

Products Discussed in this Thread