1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ultimate Tacoma Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by conq844, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Dec 14, 2009 at 5:36 PM
    conq844

conq844 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    California
    Vehicle:
    01 PreRunner
    Flowmaster
    Hi, Im sure this has probably been posted many times before, but I couldnt find it, so here it goes. I have an 01 tacoma prerunner and want to put a lift on it. I was thinking about throwing the Ultimate Tacoma lift w/bilstein shocks (off toytec) and the 1.5" blocks. While I was looking at different threads I noticed people talking about UCA's and how you SHOULD, (but dont have to) put them on with a lift. First of all what are they, and what kind should I put on?
    Also, is there anything else that I SHOULD or NEED to put on my truck to go along with the lift, so I dont run in to problems later?

thanks for your time!

-Sean

2. Dec 14, 2009 at 6:30 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    UCA's stand for Upper Control Arms. At the top of the main 2nd gen section there is an entire thread on UCA's.

Here is the thread, it has a lot of good advice when lifting a truck and UCA's read through it and see if that answer some of you questions.

UCA's
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/40470-ucas-alignment.html

Lifting your truck things you need to know
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/40469-lifting-you-truck-things-you-need-know.html

You might want to pop over to the new members section and introduce yourself too, that always helps get the ball rolling on people getting to know you and your project.

New members section
    http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new-members/

Let us know after reading through those few threads if you have any more questions.

These will get you going on info, not really brands. Once you have done some more research and see the different brands you may have some more specific questions, again let us know or try the search button you may get lucky :)

3. Dec 14, 2009 at 6:32 PM
    98lowflyingtacoma

98lowflyingtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix
    Vehicle:
    1998 Tacoma Prerunner
    you might look into the old man emu lift kits... they are pretty sweet...
    some things to consider though are that with blocks you can have some axle wrap under high acceleration..... not sure if you hammer the power every once in a while but something to think of..

4. Dec 14, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    conq844

conq844 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    California
    Vehicle:
    01 PreRunner
    Flowmaster
    Thank you both!

Masada: I will go introduce myself right now. BTW, where is a good place to get UCA's? I went on total chaos but couldnt find a place to buy.

98lowflying tacoma: the reason I want to get blocks is because they are 1.5" and not 2" like the aal. Right now my rear is higher than the front by an inch...but after the lift I want the front to sit an inch or so higher. Is there something I can do before the lift to lower the rear to 1 inch like the front so its level? Then thrw 3" on the front and 2" aal in the rear? Hope that makes sense if not, ill try to re-explain. I dont hammer it too much but what is axle wrap?

5. Dec 15, 2009 at 5:47 AM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    for the Total Chaos you were looking for. for a 1.5" AAL

Products Discussed in

To Top