Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Pro Comp 3" any good?

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2009, 04:42 PM   #1
elliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to behold

elliott.estes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to elliott.estes
Pro Comp 3" any good?

What's up Guys. I was at 4 Wheel Parts today and saw this lift.. What do you think about this lift or Pro Comp in general??

It's $467.99 and they charge $320 for labor.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Lift-Kits...t_pn=EXPK5075B
Old 12-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
when i asked this question long ago. ive been told by many that pro comp is crap.

i say go toytec. made for our trucks and good warranty
Old 12-15-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
From what I've heard and read, it seems to be a waste of money. I would say get the OME, but I'm biased since thats what I purchased after consulting Chris4x4
Old 12-15-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
elliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to beholdelliott.estes is a splendid one to behold

yeah i read that old post from march of this year, but figured I would start a new thread. I have heard a lot of people say the OME's are good and read the big post on it.

I was at 4 wheel parts and the guy said the OME suspension lift kit would not clear for 33's though..
Old 12-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
Its_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shedIts_Taco_Time is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
Its_Taco_Time's Tacoma Gallery
procomp...meh
Old 12-15-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by elliott.estes View Post
yeah i read that old post from march of this year, but figured I would start a new thread. I have heard a lot of people say the OME's are good and read the big post on it.

I was at 4 wheel parts and the guy said the OME suspension lift kit would not clear for 33's though..
i think if u went with this

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

with 885's

u would be set unless u didnt want spacers.

im pretty sure u can fit 33's with a any 3inch lift, maybea little trimming at most. maybe 4wheels just wants u to buy their product.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe I am misunderstanding.. Someone correct me if I am just blurting out of my b-hole.

They are trying to say that Pro Comps 3 inches will do more than OME 3 inches.. How much bigger is Pro Comps 3 inches??
Old 12-15-2009, 05:11 PM   #8

the guy seemed pretty legit, but he said I would have to do a lot of trimming if I wanted to go the OME route. I am just unsure at what point would my extended warranty from toyota get voided if there was a lot trimmed off.

did you get the toytec ultimate kit?
Old 12-15-2009, 05:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
From what I've heard and read, it seems to be a waste of money. I would say get the OME, but I'm biased since thats what I purchased after consulting Chris4x4
What setup did you get?
Old 12-15-2009, 05:13 PM   #10
CSULB socal

dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigzor View Post
Maybe I am misunderstanding.. Someone correct me if I am just blurting out of my b-hole.

They are trying to say that Pro Comps 3 inches will do more than OME 3 inches.. How much bigger is Pro Comps 3 inches??
exactly...

Quote:
the guy seemed pretty legit, but he said I would have to do a lot of trimming if I wanted to go the OME route. I am just unsure at what point would my extended warranty from toyota get voided if there was a lot trimmed off.

i have front coilovers at 3.5
Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #11
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:

You have to trim the same stuff either way- And OME is a better quality lift than ProComp....but I'm a bit biased too.

My OME gear is da shits!!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #12

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What setup did you get?
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

With LR UCAs.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:28 PM   #13

Yeah that's what I keep hearing! So OME's will work with a 285x70x17x8?

Hey Jigzor, how much was your LR UCAs?
Old 12-15-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
MikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMikeyD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MikeyD's Tacoma Gallery
i while ago i was about to buy the pro comp lift but i decide to save a little more and go with toytec coilovers. I finally have the money and am about to buy them very soon. and install them myself.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #15

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah that's what I keep hearing! So OME's will work with a 285x70x17x8?

Hey Jigzor, how much was your LR UCAs?
$400 shipped from fatbobsgarage
Old 12-15-2009, 05:44 PM   #16

It just seems like the price keeps going up for OME lift to work with 285's lol... What else can anyone recommend or is that pretty much the way to go. I mostly do city/ street but would like to do more off road.

The guy originally was pushing the revtek 3" spacer lift kit and i knew that was the cheeper way to go but I didn't know if that was a good idea.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:46 PM   #17

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
Most will tell you its recommended to get UCAs if the lift is above 2.5" to get alignment specs correct. If you plan to do more offroading and experimenting I would avoid the spacers.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:16 PM   #18

thanks for the reply's and information. I will cross out the procomp lift. I will do some more research and saving up. Last question is going the revtek spacers a bad idea since i don't do heavy off roading?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:01 PM   #19
TA06CO
TA06CO is on a distinguished road
TA06CO's Tacoma Gallery
I have had the Pro Comp lift for about 9 months and could not be happier with the way it rides and has turned out. It looks bad ass and has a good stance. When I initially lifted the truck the total inches in lift was about 3.5 on front and 3.25 on back. I went with a 285 and wished I had went with a 315 or 305. If you go with Pro Comp you will need sway bar relocation kit cause the sway bar rubs on the strut. They cost about $15 through OME. I would not pay for install, install only took a couple hours. You will need spring compressor. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 12-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #20
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Ive had the kit for about a year and I hate it. Wish I wouldve saved up for something better the first time around.

Products Discussed in this Thread