LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bump stop removal/replacement??

Old 12-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #1
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
Bump stop removal/replacement??

I have an 04 5-lug and I put 1.5" coil spacers on it a few months ago. I didn't really realize that they would affect travel in the suspension until someone on CT mentioned it. So I was thinking that I might could get a little bit of travel back if I put shorter bumpstops like these on http://www.energysuspensionparts.com.../99102G_lg.jpgbut I just looked and the factory bumpstops are one piece of rubber that pulls through. I don't want to risk tearing it trying to remove it until I have some more to put on. Will the ones in the link fit and replace the factory ones? Here's a pic of the suspension to show how much travel I have

I labeled the two bumpstops in the pic. Would replacing 1 be ok? It doesn't seem like 2 is the one thats limiting the travel and it looks like its alot bigger/more important so I probably don't want to replace that one right?