1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

which coil overs can be cranked to 3"?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by chad68, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Mar 8, 2008 at 9:06 PM
    chad68

chad68 [OP] Master Jedi Member I am...

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    In a (Toyota) van down by the river! Sonoma Cownty
    Vehicle:
    2009 4x4 reg cab. Modded with more to come
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap
    I know going over 3" front is bad but have heard some coil overs can go as high as 3.5" which of course would be bad without more mods done.

I have been looking at racerunners 2.0's that are said to lift the front 2.5" But I know some can actually go a bit higher, so which ones can go to 3"?

2. Mar 9, 2008 at 11:31 AM
    Big Guns

Big Guns Well-Known Member

Member:
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 4.0L Indigo Blue
    Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, Black Headlight Mod, DO Rock Sliders
    The aftermarkey coils like SAW [racerunner], Donahoe Racing, Fox, etc. come set to 2.5" of lift from the manufacturer. They still have thread if you wanted to raise them up to 3", but the ride will be real stiff.

3. Mar 10, 2008 at 6:17 PM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    Polished 16x8 Pro Comp 1069's 4" BS Nitto Mud Grapplers 305/70/16 Magnaflow & glasspack muffler Stainless tip K&N 63 series Aircharger Vent visors Autometer volt and dig. temp. gauge custom mounted Factory chrome rear bumper (not black factory, one) TRD pedal covers TRD skid plate Hurst T handle shift knob Rear Tint Clear bra on the sides Chrome extinguisher Icon non resi coilovers, ICON RR shocks, black seat covers. And some other crap

Do you think it would be stiffer than doing a 3" revtec lift, with stock shocks?

4. Mar 10, 2008 at 9:55 PM
    Big Guns

Member:
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    I have never been in a truck with a spacer lift, but i hear mixed reviews as far as ride quality. I hear a top spacer combined with a coil spacer will give decent ride comparable to stock. I really cant give to much input as to one vs the others because i have not been in a truck with the coils cranked above the 2.5 setting. Maybe someone can chime in?

What kind of wheeling are you planning on doing? If you are not going to off road hardcore, the racerunner's might not be worth it for you, but if you dont want to go the spacer route, OME is a good option.

5. Mar 12, 2008 at 1:47 PM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    I just finished taking a 3" Revtek kit off and installing Donahoe CO's. The Revtek is a good spacer lift and the ride is not harsh at all. I turned the Hoes up to 3" and it becomes a little more firm, but not bad at all.

6. Mar 12, 2008 at 8:23 PM
    chad68

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:

You mean the coilovers were stiffer than Revtec or stiffer than set at 2.5"? Or stiffer than both?

I will probably just end up going with revtec as a temp thing to see how it works out. If it is junk, I'll throw in coilovers 6 months down the road.

7. Mar 12, 2008 at 10:40 PM
    Big Guns

Member:
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thats the route i was thinking about going. At least so i can get the clearance for my tires before i get my CO's.

8. Mar 13, 2008 at 5:20 AM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    I have not tried them set at 2.5". The CO's set at 3" are about the same as the Revtek. Neither is bad. The Revtek is a very good lift........no junk. It served me well and at $360.00. It was tempting to just leave it on. However, I took the truck in another direction and forked out the $2,300.00 package of Front CO's and Total Chaos UCA's along with rear piggy backs and add-a-leaf.

Products Discussed in

To Top