1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

left front sagging

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by BigGayJ, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Dec 21, 2009 at 5:19 PM
    BigGayJ

BigGayJ [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Charlotte
    Vehicle:
    02 v6 3" lift
    3" toytec lift
    Hey guys new to the site. The question I have is about my left front sagging. It seems to me that it's been getting worse over time. I installed a 3" Toytec lift approximately 2 year ago. The truck sits about an 1"-1.5" lower on driver side with no one in it, so it's pretty noticable. I weigh about 215, is it just that I'm too fat for the truck or is it time for new springs or shocks up front? I put the bigger shocks in rear with the add a leafs, and the left rear is a little lower than the right. I've got about 117,000 miles. I'm hoping to fix this problem before new tires. Thanks for any feedback.

2. Dec 21, 2009 at 5:22 PM
    SamSter0077

SamSter0077 Happy Camper

Member:
    Katy, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR
    OME 886 Coils, and Struts, Rear Toytec TSB AAL/ OME shock absorbers, Fog Lamp anytime mod, Voyager Brake Controller.

Oink, Oink.. too many Twinkies!

j/j

Probably have a coil that has just gotten weak over time. I would call the toytec people and ask them about it..

3. Dec 21, 2009 at 6:48 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Is it a Toytec spacer or Toytec Adjustable coilover lift??

The Gas tank, battery, and driver are all on the left side of the truck...so the taco does have a pronounced lean to that side....Over time it can get worse as springs settle. A spacer lift might accelerate that a bit...

4. Dec 21, 2009 at 7:18 PM
    BigGayJ

BigGayJ [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Charlotte
    Vehicle:
    02 v6 3" lift
    3" toytec lift
    spacer

5. Dec 22, 2009 at 5:23 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Yeah...Talk to Toytec- but some new springs might fix that up or at least get them closer.

6. Dec 22, 2009 at 8:50 AM
    choptop

choptop Molōn labe!

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 4Runner TEP
    Welcome to TW!

Is this a spacer lift? If so and the shocks/ springs are OEM with 117K on 'em they likely need to be replaced.

7. Dec 23, 2009 at 5:17 PM
    BigGayJ

BigGayJ [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Charlotte
    Vehicle:
    02 v6 3" lift
    3" toytec lift
    shocks and springs sound like the way to go. thanks for the info guys

Products Discussed in