Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Bilstein 5100 Settings for non-TSB rear suspension lift?

Old 12-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #1
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 Settings for non-TSB rear suspension lift?

This should be the week of getting my Taco lifted. I put the 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on yesterday and now I am finally ready to lift. So since I have 2009 DC Sport, I am not eligible for the rear harsh ride TSB. So given the fact I have a 3 leaf pack, if I set the front on 1.75, do I need an AAL? How about if I set the front on 2.5, which AAL do I need. I am thinking maybe just 1.75 because I'd rather not need to spend more cash on UCAs. Any advice is welcomed and Merry Christmas to all!
Old 12-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #2
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
1.75 leveled min out and I have the AAL!!

So prolly use the .85 setting.
Old 12-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #3
Taco Lover
tegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedtegdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tegdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaFeMan View Post
This should be the week of getting my Taco lifted. I put the 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on yesterday and now I am finally ready to lift. So since I have 2009 DC Sport, I am not eligible for the rear harsh ride TSB. So given the fact I have a 3 leaf pack, if I set the front on 1.75, do I need an AAL? How about if I set the front on 2.5, which AAL do I need. I am thinking maybe just 1.75 because I'd rather not need to spend more cash on UCAs. Any advice is welcomed and Merry Christmas to all!
Really, I got the TSB done on my 09 Taco Sport DC w/o any issues have you tried yet?
Old 12-25-2009, 07:14 PM   #4
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tegdog View Post
Really, I got the TSB done on my 09 Taco Sport DC w/o any issues have you tried yet?
Sent e-mails to Toyota Customer Service as advised here and they shot me down. Gave me a case #, etc. but I haven't had the time to dispute it yet. Conisdering I don't haul/tow heavy loads, do I really need it? If it will facilitate my lift, then I will push the issue.
Old 12-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #5
Monday morning bump!
Old 12-29-2009, 07:58 AM   #6
klittle250 will become famous soon enough
klittle250's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat and I can't decide between .85" or 1.75"
Old 12-29-2009, 08:16 AM   #7
The Stroker Ace
hendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shedhendooman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
hendooman's Tacoma Gallery
you should be able to get the tsb, as long as your part numbers on your factory springs are the same as the tsb you should be good to go. I would push the issue, it makes the ride so much better in the rear.

I have the tsb, and set at 1.75, it was barely ass high...really not that noticeable, and now after 6 months it is level. If you were stock in the rear I would go 1.75 still...
Old 12-29-2009, 01:53 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by hendooman View Post
you should be able to get the tsb, as long as your part numbers on your factory springs are the same as the tsb you should be good to go. I would push the issue, it makes the ride so much better in the rear.

I have the tsb, and set at 1.75, it was barely ass high...really not that noticeable, and now after 6 months it is level. If you were stock in the rear I would go 1.75 still...
So if I can get the rear TSB done, then all I need is 1.75 with Bili in front and I'm close to level and good to go, right? I won't need an AAL in rear then?

Hey, do you have any pics of your truck with the front Bili set at 1.75 by chance? Thanks.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:47 AM   #9
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
you'll want to do 1.75 with your 3 leaf pack to be level and 2.5 if you do the TSB.
Everyone says their truck sits level on here but really there is less gap up front. It may be more level, but still aint level.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:21 PM   #10
CNLimit is on a distinguished road
CNLimit's Tacoma Gallery
I'll hitch a ride here, I have a 2006 w/64k miles, way out of the TSB consideration range, so no TSB for me I have my 5100 4 corner set on order and wanted to know if I should AAL? If so, which one? Does anyone have a non-TSB setup with billies?

Thanks!