Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TSB Suspension

Old 03-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #1
gdub is on a distinguished road
gdub's Tacoma Gallery
TSB Suspension

Ok, I have a 2008 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab. Read all the posts on the tsb and no one is having any luck with the 08's.
So I called the 1800- toyota # and acted as dumb as I could making sure I used the right verbage (Harsh ride and bottoming out) He looked it up and said (we have nothing for your 08 let be give you a claim # and I will have the dealer call you for an inspection) Two days later Toyota calls me to set up an appointment. She said make sure you put some weight in the bed, Ok I go to Home Depot buy 5 100lbs bags of sand and a full tank of gas. Go to the dealer see the manager I had an appointment with, He had it all documented and the 06-07 tsb in his hand I played dumb again and let him explain to me about the 06-07 tsb and that he would order new leaf springs. I asked if he wanted to drive it because the lady on the phone told me to put weight in the bed for our test drive, he said no need I see your about 1/2" off the stops and onle 3 springs I will order it today and see you on Friday.
(Hope this will help the 08 people)
Old 03-12-2008, 04:03 PM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
good to know, this may definitely help some of the other 08 guys.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
Mellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud of

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you sir, that's good to know.. I'm sure the 08's will be included soon enough and I don't use my truck that heavily so I'm in no rush but if I do happen to load it up, I may stop off at the dealer first on my way to wherever I'm going.

How long does it take to do the TSB? Is that a one day job for them typically or is it something where they need the truck for several days.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow View Post
How long does it take to do the TSB? Is that a one day job for them typically or is it something where they need the truck for several days.
i took mine in at 8am and they had it ready at like 3-4 that afternoon
Old 03-12-2008, 04:47 PM   #5
Mellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud of

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i took mine in at 8am and they had it ready at like 3-4 that afternoon
Thanks, good to know.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:06 PM   #6
M2M will become famous soon enough

M2M's Tacoma Gallery
Tsb

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdub View Post
Ok, I have a 2008 Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab. Read all the posts on the tsb and no one is having any luck with the 08's.
So I called the 1800- toyota # and acted as dumb as I could making sure I used the right verbage (Harsh ride and bottoming out) He looked it up and said (we have nothing for your 08 let be give you a claim # and I will have the dealer call you for an inspection) Two days later Toyota calls me to set up an appointment. She said make sure you put some weight in the bed, Ok I go to Home Depot buy 5 100lbs bags of sand and a full tank of gas. Go to the dealer see the manager I had an appointment with, He had it all documented and the 06-07 tsb in his hand I played dumb again and let him explain to me about the 06-07 tsb and that he would order new leaf springs. I asked if he wanted to drive it because the lady on the phone told me to put weight in the bed for our test drive, he said no need I see your about 1/2" off the stops and onle 3 springs I will order it today and see you on Friday.
(Hope this will help the 08 people)

what is your location
thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #7
gdub is on a distinguished road
gdub's Tacoma Gallery
Temecula,ca
Old 03-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #8
WWW.GEPTRONIX.COM
TACOMATGEPPY is on a distinguished road
TACOMATGEPPY's Tacoma Gallery
took mine in wednesday the order the parts and did it yesterday. no questions asked. what a difference it makes too. rides like a truck now.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:30 AM   #9
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMATGEPPY View Post
took mine in wednesday the order the parts and did it yesterday. no questions asked. what a difference it makes too. rides like a truck now.
As above on Tuesday. In at 8 out by 1. Raised the rear only about .75" and nice firm ride but not harsh.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:28 AM   #10
bigdogny is on a distinguished road
bigdogny's Tacoma Gallery
What is the issue with the TSB?

Hey all,
I got an 08 dbl cab and haven't heard about this issue until now. Did Toyota send a notice about this? What's the deal with the suspension anyway?

Thanks for the info!

And...Happy Holidays to all. Let's hope 2009 is better than 2008.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:55 AM   #11
WESTern Alliance: NORCAL COAST
BeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeefTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeefTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogny View Post
Hey all,
I got an 08 dbl cab and haven't heard about this issue until now. Did Toyota send a notice about this? What's the deal with the suspension anyway?

Thanks for the info!

And...Happy Holidays to all. Let's hope 2009 is better than 2008.
Here is one of many links on the subject just do a search there is a ton of info.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...reference.html