Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help..Cant decide on lift kits.....

Old 03-12-2008, 04:14 PM   #1
Jester234 is on a distinguished road
Jester234's Tacoma Gallery
Question Need help..Cant decide on lift kits.....

Whats a good lift kit that wont destroy my warranty. thinking 6 in maybe pro comp. saw one on the lot today that looked sweet. any ideas? any deals anyone knows about?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
All 6" lifts (Fabtech, Pro Comp) require cutting a frame cross member to install. At least on the 4wd. Don't know if it's different on a 2wd. Might want to look into that since it's not just bolt on and go.

As for warranty, they have to prove the mod caused the problem. So if your bed cracks or the tailgate bends, that's not related to the lift. Drive line issues might be a problem.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:46 AM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
i think the prerunner shouldnt require the cross member to be cut. i think its only cut to make room for the front diff when it needs to be dropped down the 6". another thing you could do is have the dealer install the lift for you.....
Old 03-13-2008, 09:06 AM   #4
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
i think the prerunner shouldnt require the cross member to be cut. i think its only cut to make room for the front diff when it needs to be dropped down the 6". another thing you could do is have the dealer install the lift for you.....
According to Fabtech's instructions ( http://www.fabtechmotorsports.com/ap...56lug.html#app ) you still have to cut the cross member in a prerunner. Only steps you skip are related to the front diff and drive shafts.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:43 AM   #5
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
If you put a 6" lift on your truck and you have an issue every dealer you take it to will bring it up. you may be able to get them to honor their warranty but you'll probably have to fight them to do it. even if its unrelated to the lift they will give you a hard time unless its something obvious like the door falling off or the engine throwing a rod. but anything under the truck they will blame the lift.

as far as getting it installed by the dealer, that may or may not work. personally i couldnt find a dealer in my area that would install a lift, but i know some people on this site have. i also know that since its not factory installed, even if they do instal it, they wont cover the lift itself or anthing the lift could affect.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
what i dont understand is that dealers will bitch about a 6" lift, but the dealer here had 6 or 8 taco's and the same in tundra's that they were selling brand new w/ the lifts on them. are they denying warranty work on those as well? i wouldnt spend 38k on a taco w/ lift/tires/exhaust if my warranty was shit as soon as i got in it.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #7
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
If the dealer installed those lifts then they would have to honor the warranty, otherwise you are SOL.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:35 PM   #8
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
what i dont understand is that dealers will bitch about a 6" lift, but the dealer here had 6 or 8 taco's and the same in tundra's that they were selling brand new w/ the lifts on them. are they denying warranty work on those as well? i wouldnt spend 38k on a taco w/ lift/tires/exhaust if my warranty was shit as soon as i got in it.
Whats up jhodge, yeah I saw those trucks over at Rick Hendricks. The Tacoma I looked at had a sticker price of $40,000 plus, it was sweet... But I am alot happier building mine from stock. It's more rewarding, well at least for me...
Old 03-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #9
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Whats up jhodge, yeah I saw those trucks over at Rick Hendricks. The Tacoma I looked at had a sticker price of $40,000 plus, it was sweet... But I am alot happier building mine from stock. It's more rewarding, well at least for me...
they added like $9k for the 6" lift, either 33" or 35" tires, a bull bar, a billet grille, and a magnaflow muffler....friggin ridiculous.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:48 PM   #10
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
they added like $9k for the 6" lift, either 33" or 35" tires, a bull bar, a billet grille, and a magnaflow muffler....friggin ridiculous.
Yeah it's alway cheaper to go after market. Plus it gives you more options. I could not imagine two owners driving around with the same mods set-up right here in Fayete-nam, LOL!

Tell you the truth, I still havent seen those trucks on the road. Guess they have not suckered anyone yet.

Oh.. and the sticker says manufactured in Baha Cali. not sure if thats a sales ploy, or a drug deal Toyota did with an Offroad company in Cali???
Old 03-13-2008, 06:56 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Yeah it's alway cheaper to go after market. Plus it gives you more options. I could not imagine two owners driving around with the same mods set-up right here in Fayete-nam, LOL!

Tell you the truth, I still havent seen those trucks on the road. Guess they have not suckered anyone yet.

Oh.. and the sticker says manufactured in Baha Cali. not sure if thats a sales ploy, or a drug deal Toyota did with an Offroad company in Cali???
baja, cali is actually mexico. and i've seen quite a few taco's driving around 'nam w/ 6"+ lifts on 35's and shit. i've even seen tacorock from here around a few times on the road...his is pretty badass as well
Old 03-13-2008, 07:05 PM   #12
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
baja, cali is actually mexico. and i've seen quite a few taco's driving around 'nam w/ 6"+ lifts on 35's and shit. i've even seen tacorock from here around a few times on the road...his is pretty badass as well
Oh, I've seen the 6 inch lifts on some here, they are awesome, just did not think that was from the dealer, but hey if you got the cash, go for it. I will just take one step at a time.

By the way, been looking out for your truck. For such a unique look being all blacked out an all, I have not seen yours yet. But damn, the speedway blues are popping up everywhere. Glad I changed my wheels. It's all about personalizing and enjoying your ride...

Catch you later...
Old 03-13-2008, 07:10 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator

yeah, u can usually catch me driving up reilly rd to work in the afternoons...some around town during the day, but i work at night, so i'm limited there. i'm not sure when u get off, but i work on bragg right off butner and go in from 4pm to midnight
Old 03-13-2008, 07:23 PM   #14
Enjoying my addiction

Quote:
yeah, u can usually catch me driving up reilly rd to work in the afternoons...some around town during the day, but i work at night, so i'm limited there. i'm not sure when u get off, but i work on bragg right off butner and go in from 4pm to midnight
Thats cool.. Still hoping to make it out to the meet in april.. Mite have school but if not I'm down.. want to put these tires to use..

I will just update when I know for sure...

Peaces...
Old 03-13-2008, 07:26 PM   #15
Sooooooper Moderator

yeah, i wanna see what these mud-terrains and lift will do. i dont think any of us will be doing any crazy shit...except if tacozilla gets completed by then...lol