Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

6" procomp lift, who installed it themselves?

Old 03-15-2008, 04:38 PM   #1
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
6" procomp lift, who installed it themselves?

ok guys and gals. just wondering of all of u that have the 6" procomp lift who has installed it themselves and how do u feel about how hard it was. i just got a price to install it for 3400 totally out of my wallets reach right now so i think i will be installing it myself.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #2
Dutch will become famous soon enough
Dutch's Tacoma Gallery
That's insane! I helped another Taco owner install the 6". It took a day.............nothing too difficult. It is a good kit! That guy is full of it or he is too busy or inexperienced. Go for it on your own if you have the time.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
Toyota Alec is on a distinguished road
Toyota Alec's Tacoma Gallery
Yes

helped install one for a friend thought it was relatively easy just a pain cutting out the crossmember but, you'd be better off getting some donahoes because they'll give you almost as much lift and on top of that Procomp lifts aren't worth the money just my personal opinion.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #4
On top of my above post the fabtech dosent give you that much wheel travel you'd be better off getting a camburg LT kit when it comes out it will be cheaper and be a better lift than the fabtech. DON'T BUY THE FABTECH!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #5
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
well i am not getting fabtech im getting procomp. im just doing it for the look, i like big lifted trucks i have lifted all my trucks in the past. just for the look i dont go offroad.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:57 AM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyota Alec View Post
On top of my above post the fabtech dosent give you that much wheel travel you'd be better off getting a camburg LT kit when it comes out it will be cheaper and be a better lift than the fabtech. DON'T BUY THE FABTECH!
Whats the deal with FABTECH.. Will be shopping for a lift in the future, and want to do it right. Figured 3000 should afford me an awesome 6" set up...
Old 04-06-2008, 09:12 AM   #7
famousfernando is on a distinguished road
famousfernando's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i have the fabtech lift what do you mean it dosnt give you that much travel
Old 04-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxspin72 View Post
Whats the deal with FABTECH.. Will be shopping for a lift in the future, and want to do it right. Figured 3000 should afford me an awesome 6" set up...
Quote:
Originally Posted by famousfernando View Post
i have the fabtech lift what do you mean it dosnt give you that much travel
it messes up the geometry of your control arms since it drops the assembly down. you'll have more ground clearance but as much wheel travel as a donahoe(Icon) 3" lift. Plus speaking from experience when i saw a donahoe lift compared to a fabtech the donahoe gave just about the same clearance as the fabtech. But if you just want a cool looking setup to get you around town and don't offroad much the fabtech would be fine.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by allrsdup View Post
well i am not getting fabtech im getting procomp. im just doing it for the look, i like big lifted trucks i have lifted all my trucks in the past. just for the look i dont go offroad.
If your just doing it for look than i agree procomp would be fine. I'm more used to offroad and dont really like ones where you have to cut the crossmember.
Old 04-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #10
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
it messes up the geometry of your control arms since it drops the assembly down. you'll have more ground clearance but as much wheel travel as a donahoe(Icon) 3" lift. Plus speaking from experience when i saw a donahoe lift compared to a fabtech the donahoe gave just about the same clearance as the fabtech. But if you just want a cool looking setup to get you around town and don't offroad much the fabtech would be fine.
Thanks, noted...
Old 04-09-2008, 08:03 PM   #11
famousfernando is on a distinguished road
famousfernando's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
oh i see good information thanks