1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

DIY "Harsh Ride" TSB

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by billyjoe, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Jan 3, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    billyjoe

billyjoe [OP] Taco Fever - I've got it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB V6 4WD LTD
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau
    I'd like to perform the "Harsh Ride" TSB to my own (out of warranty) truck - an '05 AC SR5 4x4 V6 (non-TRD) and do it as economically as possible (DIY). Upon reviewing the TSB document, I learned that besides the 2 new 4-leaf springs (& U-Bolts), all 4 shocks are replaced with factory TRD Off-Road Bilsteins.

The TSB document doesn't mention replacing the coilovers. However, quite often coils are included when I looked around for used sets. So, I was wondering if I should consider replacing the original SR5 7-coil linear coilovers as well.

I'm not looking to lift the truck, nor am I concerned about "performance" handling (riding on rails). I'm just looking for a nice sure-footed road-feel and the smoothest ride possible (wife doesn't want a lumber-wagon).

So, my question to ya'll is can you provide any wisdom regarding choice of coils? Should I just stay with the original COs or consider switching to the TRD Off-Road 9-coil progressive springs? Perhaps even the TRD Sport coils (7-coil linear)?. BTW, since the TRD Sport coils have the same number of coils and are also linear, are they identical to the original SR5 coils?

Any input is welcome and appreciated... Thanks!:)

2. Jan 3, 2010 at 9:55 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    well the tsb is for the rear ony that is why you don't see anything for the front. maybe you can install some eibach's or find someone selling a new stock coilover setup off a new truck.

Products Discussed in

To Top