Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Noisy Leaf Springs

Old 01-03-2010, 05:34 PM   #1
LoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud of

Name: Jeff
LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Noisy Leaf Springs

I have a set of OME Dakar leaf packs that preform well, ride good, handle loads better than advertised, and provide the lift I require. Now if I can just get them to SHUT UP!!! I am getting lots of creaking only when they are dry. I can silence them with a little ACF-50 spray but that only last about 3 days. I plan on lifting the rear of the truck cleaning up the leaf packs and applying grease bettween the leafs. Hope this is a more long term cure. Any body got a better suggestion?
Old 01-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #3
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
ive heard of this before and you r on the right track for sure.good luck to ya.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
LoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud ofLoHoNas has much to be proud of

LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodehard09 View Post
nope thats pretty much all you can do with it.
Yeah.... that sounds like the standard procedure. They are by far the loudest leafs I have heard, from inside or outside the truck
Old 01-03-2010, 05:54 PM   #5
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
my truck was horrible also but i just have stock with the TSB. I just jacked the back end up and took the biggest screw driver/pry bar u can get your hands on and separate the ends of the leafs where the friction pads are. And apply grease. Works great. Now i am squeak free!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
my truck was horrible also but i just have stock with the TSB. I just jacked the back end up and took the biggest screw driver/pry bar u can get your hands on and separate the ends of the leafs where the friction pads are. And apply grease. Works great. Now i am squeak free!!!
x2 Works like a charm.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:57 PM   #7

LoHoNas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb_crew View Post
Thanks man....I greasing them up tomorrow. Hope it works
Old 01-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #8
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Ahhh ! , I just made my mind up to go with the Dakars . LoHoNas , I've got the exact same rig as yours but in a longbed , do you know offhand what your truck measures from the centre of the wheel to the underside of the fenderwell with the dakars? I'm considering removing one leaf from the pack to keep my rear down a hair .

Thanks in advance ,

OZ