Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

leaf springs?

Old 03-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
leaf springs?

Does anyone know were I can find some good but not too exspensive leaf springs, that will give me up to a 2.5" or 3" lift. Bc I would like to sooner or later get rid of my rear blocks, and i heard that thats the best way too go. Although, I dont do much off roading, I just like to do things right. And I know I should of done my research on lifts before I got my RevTek, But Im like some people that just cant wait to have my truck lifted. Any Help would be Nice.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
New leaf packs aren't cheap. What's your budget like? Have you looked into AALs or shackles?
Old 03-21-2008, 07:22 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Aren't new leak packs around $900.00 ?
Old 03-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
New leaf packs aren't cheap. What's your budget like? Have you looked into AALs or shackles?
Yeah I know there not cheap, But I really dont want to go over 500-600 bucks, I would like to stay under 5 or 4 hundred.

I have looked into AAL's and they seems pretty good, theres just some down sides to them, Ive heard that they could break.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:30 PM   #5

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
I found these for a descent price, Does anyone know if tuff country is any good?

http://www.suspensionconnection.com/...tion/to=r.html
Old 03-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #6
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
AllPro is running a special for the month.

http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.p...ask=view&id=47

$340 a pair for the Gen 1's with either 1.5" or 3" of lift.

I'm running the 3" ones on my 2006.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...html#post66110

I feel like I whore pushing their products but it's such a killer deal I'd hate to see someone miss it!
Old 03-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #7

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
AllPro is running a special for the month.

http://www.allprooffroad.com/index.p...ask=view&id=47

$340 a pair for the Gen 1's with either 1.5" or 3" of lift.

I'm running the 3" ones on my 2006.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...html#post66110

I feel like I whore pushing their products but it's such a killer deal I'd hate to see someone miss it!
Thats an awsome deal, But for some reason I cant open there web page up. Can you?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:04 AM   #8
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Thats an awsome deal, But for some reason I cant open there web page up. Can you?
Strange - it's loading alright for me. If you're browsing from work it's possible that the network admins blocked the site, but other than that I'm not sure what could be causing it.
Old 03-22-2008, 01:13 PM   #9
Roamer
95tojo is on a distinguished road
95tojo's Tacoma Gallery
wheelers offroad has leafs springs that are 5 ply instead of the 3 . . . thats where i got mine (even thogh mine are different lengths then yours) i have the 3" revtek also and these went well with it . . . .

stupid revtek
Old 03-22-2008, 08:50 PM   #10

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95tojo View Post
wheelers offroad has leafs springs that are 5 ply instead of the 3 . . . thats where i got mine (even thogh mine are different lengths then yours) i have the 3" revtek also and these went well with it . . . .

stupid revtek
Did you get the springs and got rid of the revteck blocks? I dont like the blocks and want things done right. So I might go with the AAL's or full leaf pack.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #11

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
If I got the Toytech AAL's, Will they give me only 2"s of lift, or 3"s. It doesn't say on there website. If it's 2" thats kinda good, bc then I can get the 1" block with new U bolts, bc I think Im ganna need new U bolts. The ones I got with my Revtech lift are too long, and I didnt save my factory one's. But I would like to know what size lift the AAL's will give me.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:55 PM   #12
Stealer of Souls
Charli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shedCharli is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chuck?
Charli's Tacoma Gallery
Email Toytec and ask them--they're good about replying quickly and are very helpful and know their product--they'll be able to give you the info you need to find out exactly what you'll get with the AALs. Or you can call them and ask--their number is on the website. I did both before I ordered my lift and had good results from them.
Old 03-23-2008, 03:04 AM   #13
Roamer
95tojo is on a distinguished road
95tojo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Did you get the springs and got rid of the revteck blocks? I dont like the blocks and want things done right. So I might go with the AAL's or full leaf pack.

i never got the blocks . . . i don't believe in running blocks . . . not safe to me . . .

the leafs only game me a lil under 2" of lift in the rear but my rear sat higher then my front so it evened out . . . check my gallery and you can see it . . . . i think they were only around 500
Old 03-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #14

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95tojo View Post
i never got the blocks . . . i don't believe in running blocks . . . not safe to me . . .

the leafs only game me a lil under 2" of lift in the rear but my rear sat higher then my front so it evened out . . . check my gallery and you can see it . . . . i think they were only around 500
I see, yeah I thought about just doing a 2" in the rear and leveling it out, But I kinda like the back a little bit higher.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #15
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETaco23 View Post
I see, yeah I thought about just doing a 2" in the rear and leveling it out, But I kinda like the back a little bit higher.
Did you read me post under.......?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ck-n-pull.html

Only $100 and very strong and I got 3" or more. just have to enjoy working on vehicles is all.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #16
whitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetoblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
whitetoblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
Did you read me post under.......?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ck-n-pull.html

Only $100 and very strong and I got 3" or more. just have to enjoy working on vehicles is all.
thread is 3 years old bro...he got a new truck already
Old 05-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #17
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Get a set of Alcans or these!

Then all you would have to get are some longer shackles.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:30 PM   #18
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetoblack View Post
thread is 3 years old bro...he got a new truck already
Oh, shit didn't see the date. Found this thread as if someone had just posted it. Just came up without me digging for it or searching...Weird