Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

885 0r 886 coil ome lift?

Old 01-16-2010, 07:15 AM   #1
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Air Traffic Control
Name: I HATE SPICYTACOS
MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
885 0r 886 coil ome lift?

i need to know which will i need in the ome lift.

09 dc 4x4 sport

want:
front a little higher in front then in back
nice ride (will the 886 coil be too hard or stiff)
going for add a leaf in back( 1.5 or 2"?)

thanks in advance
Murphy
Old 01-16-2010, 07:20 AM   #2
MurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedMurphyZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
also do i need the axle shims for a 1.5 add a leaf?or just for the 2".
Old 01-16-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery
I suggest calling Wheelers or Jacque at TRDparts4U. They both have lots of experience with lots of trucks and their setups. They can tell you exactly what you need and give great prices. Both are very friendly and willing to talk.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #4

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
where do i find their numbers?
Old 01-16-2010, 07:44 AM   #5
Oh yeah!
rb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrb11701 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rob
rb11701's Tacoma Gallery
I would say the 886 would break your teeth if you don't have a aftermarket bumber on the front. 885's will give you roughly 3" of lift in the front. That sounds a bit too high from your original post. Look into the 884's (same spring rate as 885 but ~1" shorter. You can try with stock shocks or upgrade to either Bilstien 5100's or OME Nitro shocks. (more money) You can put in for the TSB for the rear leafs and pick up a inch or so on the rear. IMO, this is the best mini-lift for the buck. Eibachs would yields around the same hieght, perhaps a tad higher due to it being a 620# spring vs 590# for 884 and you having a DC (more weight on the front).

With 885's comes almost 3". At that height new UCA should be in the back of your head as should be a AAL for the rear. And upgraded shocks front/rear. Now comes tires and perhaps rims. Alot of cash going down that road IMO. If budget is not an issue I say go for it. If you are looking for just a little more agressive stance think about the other option.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #6

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
im going for a final lift in the front of 3 inches
2.5 in the rear

going to do the ome complete lift i think. i think that the 885 will fit my purpose. are the shocks that they put in that set any good?
Old 01-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
www.saveadane.org
Anathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anathollo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztx1000 View Post
2.5 in the rear

going to do the ome complete lift i think. i think that the 885 will fit my purpose. are the shocks that they put in that set any good?

Are you talking about the OME shocks or are you just getting the coils?
And yes the OME shocks are the best bang for your buck.

And the 885's will suit your purpose just fine.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:48 PM   #8
s3
Klipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKlipp11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
Klipp11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2.5 in the rear

i went with the 885 coils on my double cab long box with billstein 5100's all around. this setup works great. also added some total chaos upper control arms to ensure proper alignment. it adds up, but it's done right. chris 4x4 is running the ome shocks and says they run great too. you might want to add the 1/4" spacer from toytec on the driver side to level out the front end.
Old 01-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #9

MurphyZ's Tacoma Gallery
why tc uca and not light racing uca?
Old 01-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #10
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
885 and LR UCAs are fine. TC do just a little bit more from what I've read.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:37 PM   #11
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
where do i find their numbers?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/dea...1623-list.html

http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/

http://www.trdparts4u.com/Scripts/default.asp

Both of these places are awesome to deal with.
Old 01-16-2010, 11:30 PM   #12
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
2.5 in the rear

Well if you want the front higher you better not lift the rear 2 inches, lol. It is already 1.75 inches higher, then you willl lift it more to 3.75 inches.....You would then need spindles to sit higher in the front.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:28 AM   #13
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
I would say get the 885's with the ome front shocks. Use the 1/4" front spacer in the front as well and put the trim packer on the drivers side shock. Then in the rear do a 1.5" aal with one shocks. Will ride great and the front should be a tad bit higher.

If your wanting the front a lot higher just getsome tsb leafs instead of doing the aal.