1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Lift kits

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by deadbolt, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Mar 23, 2008 at 2:26 AM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    Hey guys,
    I am new to the truck scene. I have not gotten my tacoma yet but am looking to get it lifted as soon as I get it. I want to know a good compny that makes kits. Please throw some company names out there that you Prefer. Thanks

2. Mar 23, 2008 at 7:51 AM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    Depends on how much you want to spend. Do you want appearance or performance or both? There are some really good spacer type lifts on the market that go for about 360.00 or you could go for a coil over package with UCA's and AAL's and shocks with remote cylinders in the back. That can run you 2500.00 or better depending on the direction you want to take your truck and your bank account.

3. Mar 23, 2008 at 11:17 AM
    deadbolt

deadbolt [OP] do w3rk!

Member:
    Socal
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab 6spd 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Black Headlights, HIDs, Tinted Fogs, Powdercoated Black Wheels, 5100s @ 2.5", Diff drop, AFE Exhaust, AFE Stage 2 Intake, Black Emblems/Grille, LED Tail lights, 265/75/16s Good Year Duratracs
    Dutch,

i was looking not to spend over a g on a lift kift. I want appearance with performance. The coilovers would be too much.

4. Mar 23, 2008 at 3:13 PM
    ETaco23

ETaco23 Marshall offroad Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    13' Pyrite Mica TRD Offroad DCSB 4x4
    Color Match Grille, Bed mat, Kings with JBA UCA's, Dakars and 34" BFG KM3, Snugtop Canopy, and my "Marshall Fabrication" Rock Sliders.
    I think the toytec lifts are the most popular here. Go with the 3" front coil/rear AAL's. It will give you the look you want and the performance, for a deasent price, and there aren't many Cons with that lift. It will stiffen the ride a bit, and I know of some people who have had there AAL's break. But the upside to them is that they can increase loud compasity. Just dont do the Spacer lift. Though its the cheapest way, you wont be pleased. I got the Revtech spacer lift, and I dont like it at all. Im ganna soon change it to the Toytec. The most commen Brands-(Revtech, Toytec, Fabtech, ProComp, SkyJacker) Hope this helps ya...

5. Mar 23, 2008 at 5:56 PM
    Dutch

Dutch Well-Known Member

Member:
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 Taco
    The Donahoe front CO is 1150.00 and sometimes you can catch it a little cheaper. You can add the AAL's for little more. If you can wait, put your money here. I had the Revtek 3" and it was OK, but nowhere near the Hoe's. I kept the Revtek rear spacers on as I had to install traction bars and they would not work without them.

I guess it's all in what you want to spend.

6. Mar 24, 2008 at 10:39 AM
    Big Guns

Big Guns Well-Known Member

Member:
    Temecula, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 4.0L Indigo Blue
    Aero Turbine 2525 exhaust, Black Headlight Mod, DO Rock Sliders
    The sway a way shocks run under a grand and are good shocks. All Pro Offroad has a walker evan's shock, but i have heard mixed feelings on them. Coilovers and All Pro's UCA's for 1100. I would save my money and get the coilovers. Its like night and day over a spacer lift.

Products Discussed in

To Top