Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Billy 5100's with 885 OME lift coils?

Old 02-05-2010, 06:38 PM   #21
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Call me Rocco
619Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Well they always recommend 885's with a double cab since the extra weight. 884' are mostly made for the access cab Tacoma's. I have 885's on my 5100's set at 0" and I got a full 3" lift out of it with the top plate spacer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
^me too ome 885 w/ spacer on bilsteins set at 0
Well my understanding is that the 884 & 885's are both a 590lb spring rate, same coil diameter but just shorter. Doesn't that mean that the weight wouldn't matter? It might not have as much "travel" as a longer shock obviously because it's shorter but there won't be as much space between the wheel and wheel well anyway. Is my thinking correct?

The only reason i'm considering the 884's rather than the 885's is because I don't want a full 3" lift. I'm aiming for 2-2.5" max of lift. I won't be putting in UCA's, so close to 2" of lift would be ideal to keep alignment specs reasonable while trying to avoid issues down the road.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:41 PM   #22
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 619Tacoma View Post
Well my understanding is that the 884 & 885's are both a 590lb spring rate, same coil diameter but just shorter. Doesn't that mean that the weight wouldn't matter? It might not have as much "travel" as a longer shock obviously because it's shorter but there won't be as much space between the wheel and wheel well anyway. Is my thinking correct?

The only reason i'm considering the 884's rather than the 885's is because I don't want a full 3" lift. I'm aiming for 2-2.5" max of lift. I won't be putting in UCA's, so close to 2" of lift would be ideal to keep alignment specs reasonable while trying to avoid issues down the road.
Just get the 885's and dont put in the top plate spacer.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #23
Baja bound
619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed619Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I just put some Nitto TG 265/70/17 on the stock sport wheel so i don't want it to look funky being at 3" with that size tire and I also want to avoid alignment/vibration/wear issues.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:44 PM   #24
Baja bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
Just get the 885's and dont put in the top plate spacer.

how much more lift does the top plate spacer give?

Is the top plate spacer the one people use to correct the taco lean?
Old 02-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #25
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The top late spacer gives it about another 1/2" of lift. And no, its not for the infamous taco lean.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #26
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

mine gave about an entire 1" the spacer itself is 1/2"
Old 02-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #27
Hunter'06FLKY is on a distinguished road

Name: Matt
Hunter'06FLKY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

So with the 884's and the Billstein's you don't need UCA's? That's probably what i want to do but can't afford new uca's
Old 06-04-2013, 11:49 PM   #28
emilminasian is on a distinguished road
Name: Emil Minasian
emilminasian's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampThing07 View Post
I have 5100's with 885's. I love the setup. I also used to have ome shocks paired with the 885's. For me they rode a little too soft. The 5100's make it feel more like a truck.
How much lift did you get with this set up?
Old 06-05-2013, 06:52 AM   #29
thelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: Marine Science Tech
Name: paul
thelivestone's Tacoma Gallery
subbd. same setup I'm putting on.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #30
The Anti-Bling
TheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheosTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Theo
TheosTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampThing07 View Post
I have 5100's with 885's. I love the setup. I also used to have ome shocks paired with the 885's. For me they rode a little too soft. The 5100's make it feel more like a truck.
-As another TW Member asked, How much lift did you get up front from this setup?

- What rear setup did you go with to keep everything level?

- What did you use to fin the 'Taco Lean"?

From what I've read, I believe that PreRunners will get more lift than a 4x4 and if you have a Double Cab, you'll get less lift than a Xtra-Cab.
I have an 08 4WD Double Cab and am looking to have my truck lifted 2.5"(no more) in front, sit level, ride relatively smoothly, have minimal body roll, and have No Taco Lean. I know buying Icon Coilovers will do this(in the front at least) but, I'm wanting to spend less money if possible. Advice is appreciated.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #31
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeKay21 View Post
Well they always recommend 885's with a double cab since the extra weight. 884' are mostly made for the access cab Tacoma's. I have 885's on my 5100's set at 0" and I got a full 3" lift out of it with the top plate spacer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by solus View Post
^me too ome 885 w/ spacer on bilsteins set at 0
^ Yup, same as mine.

5100 @ 0", OME 885, Top plate spacer. I got almost 3.25" lift, but it has settled to 3" It is a bit stiff. but I like it. Feels like a truck.

I plan to go back to stock springs and 5100's @ .85 when I get my Maxtrac spindles.

Oh and get new UCA's if you're going to lift past 2.5. Generally its recommended for 3"+ but Sitting at 3 I'm already noticing I'm going to have to get new UCA's. I've had the lift for a month.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:03 AM   #32
Peanut Butter and Jaaaaaaaammmmmmm!!
t.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shedt.hornstra is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: If I told ya, I'd have to kill you...
Name: Ted
t.hornstra's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheosTaco View Post
-As another TW Member asked, How much lift did you get up front from this setup?

- What rear setup did you go with to keep everything level?

- What did you use to fin the 'Taco Lean"?

From what I've read, I believe that PreRunners will get more lift than a 4x4 and if you have a Double Cab, you'll get less lift than a Xtra-Cab.
I have an 08 4WD Double Cab and am looking to have my truck lifted 2.5"(no more) in front, sit level, ride relatively smoothly, have minimal body roll, and have No Taco Lean. I know buying Icon Coilovers will do this(in the front at least) but, I'm wanting to spend less money if possible. Advice is appreciated.
Just run 5100's and OME 885 coils. That'll put you right at 2.5, and it will settle a hair. I ran this with the driver side at .85" it 'fixed' the lean, but sorta shifted it a tad higher than the passenger, which is fine cause when I'm sitting in it, it sits level. After a week I wanted more so I put top plate spacers in too.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:25 PM   #33
jsturner44 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jacob
jsturner44's Tacoma Gallery
Ok first of all this is my first post. I have a 07 dcsb trd offroad with a rough country spacer lift and I'm looking to get rid of it for something better. I already have a 1.5" block in the rear and am running 33"s so I guess I'm looking for 2.5"s of lift in the front. What does it take to acquire this, the 885 with billys set at zero or do I also need the spacers? I have looked high and low on this sight and have found different answers everywhere.

Any and all replies will be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #34
Anthonyjames is on a distinguished road
Anthonyjames's Tacoma Gallery
Im looking to lift my truck as well. And I'm wondering I I need to add a leaf in the back if I lift the front? I have. 2013 crew cab trd offroad. Any input?
Old 08-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #35
motionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
motionridr8's Tacoma Gallery
I run the 5100's set at 0 with 885's on my DCSB. Ride I great. Got about 2.75" of lift. Using a 1/4" spacer on the drivers side to correct the lean. You'll be fine with 5100s/885s as long as they are set at 0.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:55 AM   #36
motionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmotionridr8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
motionridr8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthonyjames View Post
Im looking to lift my truck as well. And I'm wondering I I need to add a leaf in the back if I lift the front? I have. 2013 crew cab trd offroad. Any input?
you'll need something for the back. I did the ICON Progressive AAL and it leveled me our perfectly. check my signature for build details.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:20 AM   #37
gupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgupster88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
gupster88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by motionridr8 View Post
I run the 5100's set at 0 with 885's on my DCSB. Ride I great. Got about 2.75" of lift. Using a 1/4" spacer on the drivers side to correct the lean. You'll be fine with 5100s/885s as long as they are set at 0.
nice looking truck man just curious, why did you go with the 5100s instead of the OME shocks when you added the 885s