Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

opinion on 3" strut spacer

Old 03-25-2008, 08:40 AM   #1
SCTACOMA
jarroddorraj is on a distinguished road
jarroddorraj's Tacoma Gallery
opinion on 3" strut spacer

Was wondering if anyone had any experience w/ the 3" strut spacer sold at fatbobsgarage.com. Only cost $89 for the front and is bolted in place. No need to compress the springs, says it will retain the factory ride. I was wondering what kind of stress this would put on the rest of the suspension components. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have a 06 prerunner so no differential problems.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Never heard of them, but looking at the pics on the site,

I would say that they do not look as stable as my Ready lift. It's a solid 2.25" spacer. I payed 190 plus tax at a local shop. Ride is same as stock, except higher. Wish could be even higher, but that will take some other moding to suspension. So I will wait till I can do it right...

Also good choices:

Rev Tech
Donahoes
Bilstiens
Old 03-25-2008, 05:18 PM   #3
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Toytec is another popular one. I've heard that spacers that go above the strut assembly can cause problems, but I have no solid evidence to back that up.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
SCTACOMA
does anyone know of a solid 3" spacer that mounts above your strut assembly; or have any proof that mounting a spacer there would cause any problems
Old 03-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #5
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarroddorraj View Post
does anyone know of a solid 3" spacer that mounts above your strut assembly; or have any proof that mounting a spacer there would cause any problems
I believe EZ-Lift makes one like this.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarroddorraj View Post
You are much better off installing a spacer within the coil assembly.

Mounting a spacer of that size above the strut assembly will cause problems. Your steering knuckle will come in contact with the coils because the upper a-arm is at such an extreme angle. You might also totally max out your strut on uptravel.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:31 PM   #7
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Last I checked above the strut spacers were safe and kept factory ride. this is not a challenge, just want to make sure that my spacers are not ruining my ride.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:33 PM   #8
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
my 2.5" came w/ u pieces for each side....one for the top of the coils and one above the assembly
Old 03-26-2008, 05:18 PM   #9
SCTACOMA
jhodge83: so you don't have a spacer in your coils