Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

L.R. U.C.A Install ???

Old 01-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #21
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Taylor
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrgrnr View Post
It took literaly about 10 seconds to cut the bolt, 2 min. to pic up the pieces. The longest part was (like you stated) working the bolt around the gas lines on the driver side
You should never need a blow torch to get anything out for a UCA install. Heat around fuel lines doesn't sound like a good idea to me. But it's your truck, I'm happy that nothing happened while you installed everything.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #22
Banned
Masada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shedMasada is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Like I said, I don't think I would be comfortable with open flame near my truck like that. But I'm glad yours worked out, shows that the old saying is true "there's more than one way to skin a cat."
Old 01-27-2010, 06:50 PM   #23
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
is it true i have to remove the battery and battery box to do the install of the uca???
Old 01-27-2010, 08:48 PM   #24
Banned
Masada's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
is it true i have to remove the battery and battery box to do the install of the uca???
I didn't...never had too either. There is just a small bracket that needs to move for you to pull the bolt out on the driver side. It's kind of tight, but do able with the battery in.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:32 AM   #25
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks it will be a fun weekend sure wish i had a garage...i have to lay on the cold ass driveway lol
Old 01-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #26
BIG DADDY

well just got the L.R. U.C.A. and guess what its missing parts......
what good is fast shiping if you dont get what u need....brutal
anyone know where i can get a washer like this before saturday??????
i thinks its 1 3/4" o.d. x 1" i.d. X 3/16"thickness
its the round washer in the pic

Old 01-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #27
Simon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon2150 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Simon2150's Tacoma Gallery
brutal-did you get them from fatbobsgarage? sucks, but i'd think your basic hardware store would have that kind of washer
Old 01-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #29
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutalguyracing View Post
well just got the L.R. U.C.A. and guess what its missing parts......
what good is fast shiping if you dont get what u need....brutal
anyone know where i can get a washer like this before saturday??????
i thinks its 1 3/4" o.d. x 1" i.d. X 3/16"thickness
its the round washer in the pic

You could almost certainly pick one up at a specialty nut and bolt store. They have a couple in my area that carry anything imaginable from the most common of nuts, bolts, washers, to the most uncommon on aircraft grade fasteners.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #30
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
It was suggested in this thread to get a pulley puller to help remove the spindle. If the Taco is your only ride you might want to get this before you start in case you can't get it loose. If you don't need it (or even if you do) you can always return it.

The puller helped me when I was removing the lift from my '09. I could not get the spindle loose, no matter how hard I beat on it. The puller got it off in 2 min. You can heat the spindle with a pen torch or put liquid wrench on the whole thing first to help. I wouldn't do both since the latter is flammable. Remember things expand when you heat them up. If you heat the pin I think it will just get tighter in the spindle. If you heat the spindle it might expand and loosen its grip on the pin.

Just use some common sense - taking some heat to fittings will not cause an explosion. Torching right on the fuel lines, now that might.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:58 PM   #31
BIG DADDY

yea thanks for all the info and tips guys...i am a plumber so i am good with a tourch...... lol when in doubt burn them out ......but seriously
yea it was fat bobs and they are sending out a new washer should be here on like wed. or so.....oh well i waited this long i guess i can wait a lil longer i go snowboarding then.....the washer size is 1/34" x 1" x 3/16thickness

price and shipping were great
what kind of puller ??? a ball joint one
Old 04-24-2014, 01:17 PM   #32
jleehank is on a distinguished road
jleehank's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my 3" ult. From toytec first lift to ever install . To remove the uca's do I just whack it with a hammer with the bolt loosened or do I need a special tool like a ball joint splitter any info would be appreciated
Old 04-24-2014, 01:23 PM   #33
If it can't be overdone it's not worth doing
SMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shedSMKYTXN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
SMKYTXN's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jleehank View Post
I just got my 3" ult. From toytec first lift to ever install . To remove the uca's do I just whack it with a hammer with the bolt loosened or do I need a special tool like a ball joint splitter any info would be appreciated
You'll want to use a pittman arm puller. Go to orielly's or autozone and either buy one or borrow one.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #34
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Are you talking about from the Spindle? Just wack it on top with a 3lb sledge. Careful not to hit the threads. Pops right out.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #35
livnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to beholdlivnlrn is a splendid one to behold

Name: Rick
livnlrn's Tacoma Gallery
Put my UCAs on today. One of the easiest things I have done to it so far. Took about 1.5hrs.