TRD Off-Road: Denied 2 5.71%
Non-TRD: Performed 6 17.14%
Non-TRD: Denied 2 5.71%
TRD Sport: Performed 10 28.57%
TRD Sport: Denied 4 11.43%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2008, 12:23 AM   #1
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension TSB denied/performed poll

Sorry for another suspension TSB post. I was wondering if the type of truck has an impact on the likelihood of getting the TSB done. On TRD trucks, they just have to replace the rear leafs whereas with the non-TRDs they replace the shocks also.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
Hans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hans Moleman's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Offroad, performed
Old 03-29-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
non-TRD, performed
Old 03-29-2008, 09:16 AM   #5
catskillbill is on a distinguished road
catskillbill's Tacoma Gallery
'08 bottoming out!!!!

Came home last night from Lowes with a total load with people and cargo of about 1100 lbs. On every little bump it hit the stops. I checked the springs, and I have the old 3 leaf setup on this brand new '08 sport dc long bed. It was just built in Jan.

Called the dealer, and he said to bring it in loaded so he could check it out. Told him it's raining now and I can't drive it back 30 miles to him with the load of ceiling tile I had on and get it wet.

Asked him to look up the TSB, and of course he found nothing for the '08's yet. Kinda pissed a jan. build would still have these crummy leafs.

How the heck do some of you guys get them to replace '08 springs if a TSB doesn't cover it yet?
Old 04-02-2008, 12:09 AM   #6
gdub is on a distinguished road
gdub's Tacoma Gallery
2008 double cab, Went to Home Depot loaded 5 100lbs of sand full tank of gas and three big boy. Drove over to toyota he saw the sag and ordered the parts that day
Make sure you use the correct words (Harsh Ride and Bottoms out) He had the 2007 tsb in hand I just played dumb.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:24 AM   #7
catskillbill is on a distinguished road
catskillbill's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks, I'll try it too.

Toyota knows that a problem existed for the previous years with those part numbers, and they're still using the old 3 leaf spring for '08 builds? Makes no sense to me. Maybe they feel that only a handful of new owners will complain that their new Taco will not meet the advertised GVW, because most just never put anything heavier than a beer cooler in the bed. I can feel the wool being pulled over my eyes.

My dealer told ME to load up and bring it in. I asked him if he has a fork lift or overhead winch to load parts, tires or something to simulate the problem. He said no he didn't. So now I have to go through the hassel of buying stuff to load up?? Give me a break.

For those of you who can live with the deception of fake GVW with the old springs, good for you. Live with it. You're saving them money. This is a poor first impression for a first time Toyota buyer of a $30,000 truck!! Nuff said
Old 04-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
M2M will become famous soon enough

M2M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by catskillbill View Post
Came home last night from Lowes with a total load with people and cargo of about 1100 lbs. On every little bump it hit the stops. I checked the springs, and I have the old 3 leaf setup on this brand new '08 sport dc long bed. It was just built in Jan.

Called the dealer, and he said to bring it in loaded so he could check it out. Told him it's raining now and I can't drive it back 30 miles to him with the load of ceiling tile I had on and get it wet.

Asked him to look up the TSB, and of course he found nothing for the '08's yet. Kinda pissed a jan. build would still have these crummy leafs.

How the heck do some of you guys get them to replace '08 springs if a TSB doesn't cover it yet?

I have been to the dealer twice,
once w/o a load ( my mistake)" we'll load the truck and test it"\
and this last Monday with 600 lbs in it -
they were nice enough to let me know I overloaded the truck and to
"take some weight out"(right there on the service report)
seams that after sending a e-mail to the service manager, toyota corp., along with copies of other 08 service reports showing the TSB done, the actual truck load information from the web site,
I have recieved an e-mail from service that the parts are ordered
Old 04-03-2008, 06:09 AM   #10
M2M will become famous soon enough

M2M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phofener View Post
M2M, where can I get service reports from other 08's that have had the TSB done? I am gearing up for a fight with the dealer to have my 08 performed as well. Thanks

I just PM'D people on the board who got it done -
I still have copies on the computor - PM sent