1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Suspension TSB denied/performed poll

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Evil Monkey, Mar 28, 2008.

?

Was your suspension TSB denied or completed

1. TRD Off-Road: Performed

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. TRD Off-Road: Denied

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. Non-TRD: Performed

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  4. Non-TRD: Denied

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  5. TRD Sport: Performed

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. TRD Sport: Denied

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Mar 28, 2008 at 12:23 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey [OP] There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Sorry for another suspension TSB post. I was wondering if the type of truck has an impact on the likelihood of getting the TSB done. On TRD trucks, they just have to replace the rear leafs whereas with the non-TRDs they replace the shocks also.

2. Mar 28, 2008 at 10:35 AM
    Hans Moleman

Hans Moleman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    2023 F-150 Powerboost
    TRD Offroad, performed

3. Mar 29, 2008 at 8:56 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey [OP] There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
  4. Mar 29, 2008 at 8:59 AM
    tcBob

tcBob Gringo Bandito Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner SR5 V6 Black
    non-TRD, performed

5. Mar 29, 2008 at 9:16 AM
    catskillbill

catskillbill Member

Member:
    Delaware County,NY
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Sport DC LB 4.0 Auto Indigo Ink
    Came home last night from Lowes with a total load with people and cargo of about 1100 lbs. On every little bump it hit the stops. I checked the springs, and I have the old 3 leaf setup on this brand new '08 sport dc long bed. It was just built in Jan.

Called the dealer, and he said to bring it in loaded so he could check it out. Told him it's raining now and I can't drive it back 30 miles to him with the load of ceiling tile I had on and get it wet.

Asked him to look up the TSB, and of course he found nothing for the '08's yet. Kinda pissed a jan. build would still have these crummy leafs.

How the heck do some of you guys get them to replace '08 springs if a TSB doesn't cover it yet?

6. Apr 2, 2008 at 12:09 AM
    gdub

gdub Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    tacoma 4x4 Double Cab
    2008 double cab, Went to Home Depot loaded 5 100lbs of sand full tank of gas and three big boy. Drove over to toyota he saw the sag and ordered the parts that day
    Make sure you use the correct words (Harsh Ride and Bottoms out) He had the 2007 tsb in hand I just played dumb.

7. Apr 2, 2008 at 4:24 AM
    catskillbill

catskillbill Member

Member:
    Delaware County,NY
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Sport DC LB 4.0 Auto Indigo Ink
    Toyota knows that a problem existed for the previous years with those part numbers, and they're still using the old 3 leaf spring for '08 builds? Makes no sense to me. Maybe they feel that only a handful of new owners will complain that their new Taco will not meet the advertised GVW, because most just never put anything heavier than a beer cooler in the bed. I can feel the wool being pulled over my eyes.

My dealer told ME to load up and bring it in. I asked him if he has a fork lift or overhead winch to load parts, tires or something to simulate the problem. He said no he didn't. So now I have to go through the hassel of buying stuff to load up?? Give me a break.

For those of you who can live with the deception of fake GVW with the old springs, good for you. Live with it. You're saving them money. This is a poor first impression for a first time Toyota buyer of a $30,000 truck!! Nuff said

8. Apr 2, 2008 at 4:17 PM
    M2M

M2M Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    bilstiens, sport 08 w/o scoop, debadged

I have been to the dealer twice,
    once w/o a load ( my mistake)" we'll load the truck and test it"\
    and this last Monday with 600 lbs in it -
    they were nice enough to let me know I overloaded the truck and to
    "take some weight out"(right there on the service report)
    seams that after sending a e-mail to the service manager, toyota corp., along with copies of other 08 service reports showing the TSB done, the actual truck load information from the web site,
    I have recieved an e-mail from service that the parts are ordered

9. Apr 3, 2008 at 3:02 AM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    M2M, where can I get service reports from other 08's that have had the TSB done? I am gearing up for a fight with the dealer to have my 08 performed as well. Thanks

10. Apr 3, 2008 at 6:09 AM
    M2M

M2M Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    bilstiens, sport 08 w/o scoop, debadged

I just PM'D people on the board who got it done -
    I still have copies on the computor - PM sent

11. Apr 27, 2008 at 8:31 AM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    TRD off road, performed properly

Products Discussed in

To Top