Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Tow hitch + longer shackles = no good?

Old 01-27-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
Tow hitch + longer shackles = no good?

I have an 04 double cab and I just installed a Toyota tow hitch I want to get 1 or 2 inch longer shackles to add to my 3-leaf AAL(which only netted me 1 inch) to match the approx 3 inches I got in the front from my SAWs. I was looking and I know the 2 inch lift shackles are gonna be 4 inches longer than stock, and by the looks of it, if I stuff one side offroading, the shackles may hit the tow hitch bracket. Anyone have a similar setup? Is it anything to worry about?
Old 01-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #2
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
i dont have any pics, but im running a Deaver 8 leaf pack with custom 8 inch shackles and while it looks like it would hit the tow hitch, it doesnt...

the leaf pack is not long enough to articulate the full length of the shackles...