1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

question about donahoe coilovers

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by das56170, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Apr 30, 2008 at 9:34 AM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    Actually I got the ToyTec diff drop first. It's sitting on my stack of tires right now. Lift will be in from Wheelers on Friday and I already got a crew standing by ready to drop it on. Camera is in the truck, will definitely have before and after pics.

2. Apr 30, 2008 at 11:30 AM
    J4RR

J4RR Well-Known Member

Member:
    The OC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC LB TRD SPORT 4X4
    I set my c/o's to 2.5 inch lift on pass side and 2.75 on drivers side to make up for the taco lean, it noticeably leaning when set to the same height; anyways I installed the diff drop although not needed at 2.5 inches of lift; my cv's look like they are at the stock angle.
    Good luck!

3. Apr 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM
    luni

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    Is the tacoma lean common enough that i should preset my icons before i put'em on or just something to be aware of?

4. May 1, 2008 at 3:36 PM
    J4RR

J4RR Well-Known Member

Member:
    The OC
    Vehicle:
    07 DC LB TRD SPORT 4X4
    It's something you should adjust after they are on, my height was 1/2inch lower on the drivers side so I made sure to lift the left coilover 2 more turns than the passenger side; one turn=1/8inch. Mine are pumped all they way up to 2.5 inches of lift on the pass and 2.75 on the driverside.
    I may be wrong as I forgot to measure my stock height.

I have 2inches of thread showing on the pass side and 2.25 on the drivers side, I didn't want to go higher; I heard that 2inches of thread is the most you should go up.

So after install lower the truck measure the amount of lift and do a visual check, you may not even notice a lean yet. I did my last adjustment for now 2 weeks after I installed as they will settle a bit.

5. May 1, 2008 at 3:42 PM
    k2pow

k2pow Active Member

Member:
    Valley Village CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Silver 4x4 LB DC, SR5, deb
    Snug Top, Tint, American Racing Mojave Rims with BFG AT's, Icon Coilovers, Camburg UCA's, Wheelers rear springs, Icon Rear shocks with res, front diff spacer.
    Just picked mine up today. Have to drive to corona tomorrow for repair of a gouge that must of happened during shipping on the top hat. Icon customer service is great!!!

6. May 3, 2008 at 10:15 AM
    luni

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Donahoes showed up and got installed yesterday. After fighting with the stock UCAs to get'em out everything went back together easily. Took out the sway bar while we were in there and I definitely like it. Just waiting on wheels to get everything alligned. Probably going to adjust the suspension a little bit to level it out a bit when the wheels get in. Dropped OME Dakar leaf springs with the OME nitrocharger shocks in the back and now I have travel for days in the rear wheels.

7. May 4, 2008 at 6:48 AM
    iwc3714

iwc3714 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner SR5
    Bull bar, oem side steps and 18" Enkei
    Lol yours are safe, mine are in the mail and hopefully on the truck by the end of next week. Good thing too my squad leader asked me why theres a stack of 33" wheels at the foot of my bed in my barracks room. They help me sleep at night.
    Glad to see you got the icons. Nice quality, eh? Funny about keeping your tires at the foot of your bed-I'd probably do the same thing.:p

8. Jan 25, 2011 at 9:15 PM
    Mck007

Mck007 Member

Member:
    Saratoga, wy
    Vehicle:
    03 Red tacoma 4x4 sr5 Trd 3 inch lift
    3 inchs lift (spacers)
    Hi,I'm looking forward to do the same upgrades on my truck, i have been doing my own research too and somebody from downsouth motosport told me the best choice will be a set of Fox coilover shocks,i have a 3 inchs lift in my truck..But...I want to get rid of it because i kind of feel sometimes that i'm riding a donkey instead of a car,it's kind of bumpy and rough and i don't feel safe while off roading , i guess it's because of the strut spacer it did have when i bought it,so i wonder if a set of fox coilover in front with the 2.5 inch adjust and a set of 5100 billis with the piggy back in the rear would do the trick,the price they gave me for the coilovers was close to 1k (will auction one of my kidneys i think..))plus the rear shocks will get close to 1,300 i would like to get any advice or recommendation from the experts of this forum to know if what i'm planning to do is right..Any comment is more than welcome!!

Products Discussed in

To Top