LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Got ripped on adjusting kings.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #1
dacoma18 is on a distinguished road

dacoma18's Tacoma Gallery
Got ripped on adjusting kings.

Didn't want to take entire shock/strut/resi off myself to adjust so I took it to local 4x4 shop and requested them to remove coilovers and resi for easy adjusting. (recommended by staff at KING, w/resi remove from truck to adjust-without resi can be done on truck only reason I took to local) Went to pick it up, and guess what they didn't even remove the darn thing they just adjusted why it was on. The bolts on the top plate were not touched nor the bottom bolts nor the resi clamps. but I guess he taught I was a dum as and told me he took them off twice. It's funny how people can look you straight in the eye and lie to you in confidence. I just hope he didn't mess up the treads on the shock itself. Did some damage to the collar though. they tried to cover it up with some plastics as if I wasn't going to see it.

Breaking down, making time, learning how too and doing it myself from now on.

Here are some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Got ripped on adjusting kings.-p0006816.jpg   Got ripped on adjusting kings.-p0006822.jpg  
Old 01-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
weidjd is on a distinguished road
weidjd's Tacoma Gallery
That blows, What can you do? Are they a local company or chain?
Old 01-30-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Army: BNCOC SGL
Name: Joshua
08TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
I would go back there and have a few words
Old 01-30-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
wow, in that second pic they really muffed up the collar hole. i'd go back and have some words with them too. thats BS
Old 01-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
CorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrectionCop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
CorrectionCop's Tacoma Gallery
Do your self a favor, do not let it go. There is to much of this BS going on already. I would demand compensation and then either do it yourself or go to competent shop. Just my 2 cents.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:50 PM   #7
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Not much worse then paying somebody to do a job and then they mess it up and lie about it
Old 01-30-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
you gotta go back this sort of thing is happening way too much these days, its too bad places like this and others are able to stay in biz
Old 01-31-2010, 09:12 AM   #9
dacoma18 is on a distinguished road

dacoma18's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get me wrong I had some words with the dude(owner). But it was just going down the wrong path. So I looked him in the eye and gave him a second chance and still he claims he took it off. Before I lost my temper, I told him thanks and God Bless. "Comes around goes around"

Now I know instead of paying someone else I will buy the needed tools get on here with you guys and learn to do it myself. Tired of stealerships and local shops ripping people off. I'll be on the look out for those wrench shops in my area.

Thanks for listen and feedback guys..
Old 01-31-2010, 09:27 AM   #10
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
yes they did muff up your shit.get the to do something for you.looks like they didnt take the load off the shock and tried adj. them.and you dont need to take them off to adjust them.just jack the truck up(get tire off the ground) and adj.nothing to it really.good luck.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:56 AM   #11
OnTheDarkSideOfTheMoon
silverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant futuresilverbullet05 has a brilliant future

Name: SlickRick
silverbullet05's Tacoma Gallery
Try looking at it like this. These coilovers are adjustable while on the truck. You come in there asking for them to adjust the coilovers. You specify that you want them removed and adjusted. I find it weird that you did this but I can believe it since you are alarmed about this minor damage. They are like ok buddy we will handle it. Then they do it the most common and easy way thinking you are a bit nuts. Nobody expects you to be upset about the wear but they were wrong. I know they didnt do as they promised but thinking a garage is going to treat your lifted truck like a show car you are nuts. If your worried about this kind of stuff you better do the work yourself. There is a tremendous difference between amount of work to accomplish the same task. If you dont mind how much did you pay. Having coilovers removed broken down adjusted built and then installed is going to run you just as mush as a normal install. I would be pissed if I payed 500 bucks for this but then again I would never ask for it in the first place. Better realign your expectations and reality.

ps those coilovers are ruined. wanna sell them cheap?
Old 01-31-2010, 12:40 PM   #12
sincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to allsincitytaco is a name known to all
sincitytaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have adjusted my Icon coilovers a million times while still installed, that is the easiest way since you wont be able to move that collar if the coilover isn't anchored down.
All you need to do is jack the truck up to take the load off the suspension and the collars should turn like butter if you use some teflon lube. It is maybe a 5 minute job to adjust both sides.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #13
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
nighthawk87's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody figure out a way to adjust kings while ON the truck. I have the sane probelm and would like to adjust them while on the truck. The damn resi tube gets in the way of holes and I can't keep it turning.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:55 PM   #14
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

you just have to work around the resi hose. try doing it a little ghetto like, and use a screw driver if it's really that tight of space.

Icon has a spanner that has prongs on both ends, it helps alot

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.org/c...roducts_id=304

i can adjust my shocks just fine while they are on the truck and the resi line is in the way of the collar

Old 07-20-2010, 07:59 PM   #15
nighthawk87 will become famous soon enoughnighthawk87 will become famous soon enough
ICONs have more thread at the top...as you can see its easier with the collar lower.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post
ICONs have more thread at the top...as you can see its easier with the collar lower.
they're only like that cause i adjusted them to that setting... while they were on the truck
Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #17
socal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to allsocal4x is a name known to all
socal4x's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk87 View Post
Anybody figure out a way to adjust kings while ON the truck. I have the sane probelm and would like to adjust them while on the truck. The damn resi tube gets in the way of holes and I can't keep it turning.
Did you work it out? I am having the same issue now, don't want to spend another 3 hours taking them off and putting them back on.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:17 PM   #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by socal4x View Post
Did you work it out? I am having the same issue now, don't want to spend another 3 hours taking them off and putting them back on.
Yes. You have to buy a special wrench from king. Its on their website.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #19
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
i just adjusted the collar while it was on my truck, only problem i had was it takes more than the recomended turns of the collar to get the amount of lift i wanted. for it to move up just one thread space i had to turn it around like 3 or 4 times, but other than that i had no problems.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:50 PM   #20
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have an external resi, but I always just remove the wheel and pop the uca off the spindle (1 Nut on ball joint), and flip the uca up = plenty of room, only ads a few minutes.

Get a spanner wrench and fashion a 1' extension on it for leverage.

Don't bother working around your tire and UCA, just get that stuff out of the way and it's easy from there.